Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. ap234

ap234 Member

Money:
    $83
    If he was named the head coach at UM it wouldn’t be because of his resume. It would be because he would have been Beileins recommendation to the AD and the AD listened.

BulldogsFTW likes this.
  2. SpartanDawg68

SpartanDawg68 New Member

Money:
    $33
    I mean I don’t see a high school coach or parent letting their kid commit somewhere if they think there’s a good possibility of the head coach leaving. If anything they would at least tell him to delay committing for a little bit

ButlerBoyz, SpartanDawgs, #60 and 3 others like this.
  3. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
    That make sense.

But I also thought Holtmann's 'Team 120' tweet was pretty assuring. Plus, while technically committed to Butler (although only verbal), Harris may be more attached to LaVall and whether LaVall is here or Michigan may not matter.

Just trying to be super cautious about indirect evidence because I was burned last time with Holtmann.

4. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $412
    Yes, it is only verbal and it may be more to LJ than Butler. However, as Spartan said, without strong assurances from LJ that he is not going anywhere, why would Harris commit now? Why not wait a week and see how the dust settles?

5. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,188
    Because LaVall insuring Harris he was staying at Butler is just one of myriad reasons for the commitment --could want to be the first PG to commit to LaVall, could be oblivious to LaVall being a potential Michigan target, was just the right time, etc, etc, etc.

I just think we need to have our guards up because we want to see some assurance that LaVall is staying. We tend to see patterns/reasons when there are none.

6. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $412
    Wait....nobody on this forum sees patterns/reasons when there are none. That is nonsense! Take that back! /s

I do still have my guard up. But, I also think it is more than a coincidence that the BU folks were extremely quiet on social media Monday and Tuesday. Then today LJ, Freeman, Dedman and Woodson all make reassuring posts.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,816
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,816
    Maybe not all flights are tracked by flightaware, but I think it's pretty close. I work with a guy who regularly flies a 2-seat propeller plane from a rural airport to a vacation home up north, and all of his flights show up.

9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,071
    Flightaware gets its data from federal Air Traffic Control databases, so it's pretty complete. One of the services that Flightaware offers, though, is for a fee it will take a particular plane out of its free public interface. In other words, you can pay to make it a little harder for the public to track your plane.

Hinkle likes this.
  10. Dawgedd

Money:
    $1,188
  11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,016
    It was posted this morning. It said “great seeing Avery back in Hinkle yesterday”. So unless you think Vall is playing major mind games, it appears Vall was in Hinkle yesterday and not likely in MI.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,914
  13. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $699
    My Michigan buddy has gone Radio Silent on me.

BulldogsFTW and ButlerGoalie like this.
  14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,513
    Yeah, I'm starting to get worried again since we've seen nothing from coaches hinting at celebrating Harris' commitment.

15. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,914
    Pass the Xanax @DawgsMD

DawgsMD and BulldogsFTW like this.
  16. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $179
  17. BoilerBulldog

BoilerBulldog Member

Money:
    $98
    You’re right. I just looked up the tail numbers for our planes on FlightAware. They both give a message “The owner of this aircraft has made its location private” or something like that. A private booster’s plane would likely have a similar arrangement but I suspect a state-owned plane would not.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

18. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,016
    Harris himself hasn’t announced his commitment (just sources), so they are probably waiting until he makes it official.

Pick n Roll Dawgs likes this.
  19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,513
    He retweeted a couple of tweets about it.

20. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,775
    Same. I was briefly excited but I think it’s pretty clear LaVall isn’t 100% sure he is coming back. He doesn’t want another Holtmann scenario with Twitter (rightfully so). The longer this goes on with no news of a big name coach being targeted the less confident I feel. I’m starting to get very nervous

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23 likes this.