Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $987
    He retweeted many tweets about it. That might be all he is doing as an announcement.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,017
    That stuff is the devil. Kolonopan or Adivant.....no xanax. Trust willis on that one. Had a doc prescribe it to me, only a bit a day, and it took me over like no one's business. My body reacted poorly to it and it damn near killed me. I got the hell away from anything benzo. Buspirone and Hydroxyzine are the right combo. Non narcotic, work better for me than other anxiety ish.

DawgsMD likes this.
  3. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,250
    Are the misspellings of clonazepam (klonopin) and lorazepam (Ativan) purposeful? ;)

4. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,966
    So, this is hilarious. Some of you want him to stay, some want him to go. There's an actual thread on this board asking the question if he should be fired.

So, if he gets the nod and goes to Michigan, we're ****ed....If he stays, we're ****ed too?

It's funny how so many of you who wanted his head now are freaking the **** out that he might get a bigger opportunity. I think we're kidding ourselves if we didn't think that EVENTUALLY when Beilein left U of M that LaVall would get a look. I think most of us thought that day would be further down the road.

I personally hope he stays. He has lots to prove. Hopefully still here, and not in Ann Arbor, but I won't fault the man to take a job he was groomed for by the guy who's leaving.

5. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,017
    Um....yes! Yes, that's it.

Or, it's just that I can't spell for ish when it comes to medicine...I had to check my bottle before I wrote the others. I spell the benzies how they sound to a redneck.

dawgs2014 and DawgsMD like this.
  6. Pick n Roll Dawgs

Pick n Roll Dawgs Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $196
  7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,016
    Yeah I saw that too, but still would anticipate his own tweet. Maybe waiting on an edit?

8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,914
    Well said, I'm of the same mind. I don't really know how I feel to be honest. I think he's a great guy and he's proving to be a great recruiter and I think the Xs and Os will come in time. Or they can hire someone eventually to tackle those aspect after Meyer retires.

I also can't begrudge the guy for taking what would be like dream job 1A (with Butler being dream job 1B)...as for Butler if he goes, I'm in the minority in thinking that we will eventually be fine...short-term not so much, but I'm in it for the long game.

9. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $601
    You can kiss all of the recruits goodbye.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  10. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
    Ugh. We have to hope for a lot.

Hopefully this is just herding by the betting sites and not independent info.

let’s hope that everything is based on flight tracking data, which can be unreliable.

If LaVall is meeting, let’s hope it’s part of the 1st round of interviews with 5+ candidates.

Let’s hope that radio silence from Donovan means he is entertaining the job.

Let’s hope that when LaVall said he would be at Butler through his daughters graduation, there were no exceptions.

I just think if offered, LaVall is gone.

11. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,250
    I’ve not been in the fire LJ camp at all. I just want some god damn coaching stability.

12. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
    Assuming the BoT meeting was about the coaching search, would it involve approving specific offers to specific candidates, hearing from the search firm, etc? Not sure what the specifics of what would happen.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,017
    I'm in the camp that him leaving would suck right now. It would be ok down the road. Butler would recover, eventually, with the right hire. For the next 2-3 seasons, it would be very painful as a fan but you'd just have to set your sites on years down the road. I was in the camp to go ahead and move along but that was months ago, you can't do that now and if he leaves it would be a pretty gross disaster, even worse than what I expected, this coming year and probably 2020-2021 as well. But with the right move (it has to be dead on) Butler would recover. I do not want him to leave for Michigan at this point, and as a fan I want to see what many have been asking for-give him a chance with his guys and then make a judgment. Fine. I'm in. But if he were to leave we'd be ok. It would be putrid for awhile, but we'd be ok.

14. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $218
    I get the feeling that LJ to Michigan is picking up momentum by the day. Usual cast of characters (McDermott, Few, Brey) may have had inquiries thrown their way and likely declined. From a UofM perspective, with LJ you have a guy who knows the system and has HC experience. Even though his success at the HM (and even MM) level is "questionable" he at least has had some experience in the Chief Executive seat.

15. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,051
    I've not chimed in on this thread yet, and will bow out after this message, but the VP of Sales for my company is a UM Grad, former baseball player that played with Mike Matheny, who is a season ticket holder for basketball/football and a big doner if his seats are any indicator.

We just had the following text exchange:

Him: Hope you prepared your coach for the "big time"

Me: How about you leave Butler out of your coaching drama?

Him: A little late for that . . .

Me: What's that supposed to mean?

Him: I guess you'll find out soon enough!

He's now ignoring me, because he's a jerk. It could all be games, which I won't put past him, but he is well connected to UM Athletics and it wouldn't shock me if he is hearing whispers.

willisbrown likes this.
  16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,513

fdr and jkcdawgs like this.
  17. DawgFan

DawgFan Active Member

Money:
    $248

WONDERFUL POST. THE VOICE OF REASON.

godogs91 likes this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,168
    My feeling is this one's on Barry. You can't make universities stop trying to poach your coach until the contract buyout is so absurdly expensive that they stop calling. If Barry left the university exposed by not learning this from Bolt leaving for O$U, then that's as big of a problem.

19. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $412
    Buyouts go both ways though. If it is determined that we need to terminate the coach (for performance and not cause), then the school's price to the coach is absurdly expensive. Imagine how this board would blow up if that were the case.

bumba likes this.
  20. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,924
    Eh... not really. I’m no lawyer, but it’s pretty easy to write a contract that says a coach’s buyout is X if he is relived of his duties by the school and Y if he leaves for another job at a different university (or NBA franchise). Whether any good coach would agree to that, however, is another matter... that’s a very school-friendly deal.