Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,113
    I still don't believe that guy is likely to coach college again.

fdr and bumba like this.
  2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,969
    Didn't he say he wasn't moving till after his girls graduated?? I'm thinking he thought Beilein would be there a few more years

3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,353
    CBS Sports. com as per Gary Parrish. He is basing that on LJ being familiar with the program.

4. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $193
    I'd take back every cross word I have ever said about LJ... That would be an absurd class. While incredibly unlikely to connect on all of them, LJ picking up one or some of the recruits affected by this shakeup would definitely go a long way to righting the ship after our terrible season.

MisterFive, SpartanDawg68 and seadawg like this.
  5. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
    That’s a valid point. Hopefully it’s not a Team 120 scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,213
    Beard is comparable. I don't know that Wright is. I would say there are probably 7-8 names that are no gos-K, Williams, Self, Miller (because of all the trouble at AZ), Izzo, Cal...ok 6 names.

I think anyone else is worth a shot. Longer shots would be Beard, Bennett and Few, but, they aren't off the radar. Anyone else is in play.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,213
    Right, I think with most coaches out there, none expected this and to many, this would be the job of a lifetime. Not to you know who, but he may very well be needing and wanting a soft landing spot after the hell that was this season...

8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,353
    As stunning as this is, it has assuredly opened many cans of worms.

9. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,936
    I mean.... Michigan threw what... 8M a year at “Michigan Man” Jim Harbaugh for complete mediocrity.

They’ll open up the checkbook. Hopefully they screw it up as bad as the DickRod/Brady Hoke hires.

10. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,079
    Gary Parish mentioned LaVall by name on CBS Sports, pointing his tenure at Michigan and the familiarity with how Beilein did things. He did mention there could be a pool
    of mid-major coaches. Timing is wrong so a lot of big name coaches will not bite at it.

11. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,079
    You mean Brad Stevens?

willisbrown likes this.
  12. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,213
    I go back a long way with GP and love him, but he's off the mark here. Plenty of High major coaches are sitting by their phones this morning and in contact with their agents.

13. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    If Jordan had just taken the Bulldogs to the Sweet 16, I'd be worried, but I don't think there's been enough on the court results for Michigan to bite. Maybe last year's down season will actually work to our benefit. I like what Jordan is starting to do on the recruiting end.

NateDog likes this.
  14. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,326
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,213
    Which is exactly why Michigan knows they have to strike quickly and strike BIG. This thing could fall apart quickly if not.

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,878
    Wright turned down 8 mil/year last month.

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,878
    I will say there is more discussion about (and seemingly a desire for) LaVall from the Michigan faithful on twitter than I'd have ever imagined.

Still, when you're Michigan, you don't hire a third year HC coming off a failed season.

Sidd Finch, bumba and bmradio99 like this.
  18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,878
    Oh for the love of god.

He knows he can go to wherever he wants whenever he wants. Michigan is a great school and a really good program, but if he has any desire of ever jumping back into the college basketball cesspool, it isn't gonna be at the 4th or 5th best program in the Big Ten.

19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,969
    I can't believe that it really seems like LV is in the top 5, it is just stunning to hear that kind of talk.

20. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    Well, if LaVall shockingly ends up with the job, Shrewsberry better not unpack his bags at West Lafayette.