Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,051
    This IU coaching search was ran the same way. It was very quiet with loads of false speculation. Nobody saw Archie coming, including some people pretty close to the program.

2. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $699
    An offer has been made. I was not told to whom and I don't know if it's been accepted.

Pick n Roll Dawgs likes this.
  3. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,051
  4. mlees89

mlees89 Member

Money:
    $48
    Increased talk on Shaka Smart right now.... with some mention that Donovan said he wasn't interested. In other words, no one knows....

5. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
    I’m probably dead wrong but this seems awfully quick if it is LaVall. Unless, that is, LaVall was one of their top choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,188
  7. mlees89

mlees89 Member

Money:
    $48
    Rumor is that Texas is willing to negotiate Shaka's buyout.

8. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,914
    If this is true, and @shoeevv has proven his Michigan bona fides, then I'm scared the offer is indeed out to LJ. I can't see Juwan being offered in the midst of his Timberwolves interview and I would think that they'd need more time to vet someone outside of the program like Shaka. A quick offer speaks to me at least of someone that they know and are comfortable with. I would be shocked however if LJ has been their top target all along.

9. jal8908

jal8908 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,093
    No new LaVall news.

Brad no longer being discussed because he isn't interested (shocking I know).

Greg Marshall not a target.

Billy Donovan not interested but endorsed Shaka.

10. mlees89

mlees89 Member

Money:
    $48
    Haven't read any rumors about an offer being made (other than on this thread), unless it is in reference to the Donovan-not-interested rumor.

11. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $2,914
    No private flights between Detroit area and Austin and vice versa...

12. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,013
    Shaka, has to be Shaka. It just makes too much sense. They get together on the buyout, Texas' base doesn't care, Shaka gets his change of scenery and another chance to prove he can run with the elites.

Dewars12 likes this.
  13. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,816
  14. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,773
    What is this thing with negotiating buyouts recently? Why would a team lower the buyout? Surely Texas isn’t ready to take the money and move on from Shaka, right? Why not demand they pay the entire thing?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23 likes this.
  15. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $2,914
    It seems that everything out there is gaining momentum with Shaka...which I find odd, but hey, better for us in the short-term (hopefully also in the long-term)...but I do think that if Shaka fizzles out and LJ turns it around here, he could be the pick next time.

Pick n Roll Dawgs and Hinkle like this.
  16. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $2,914
    From what I understand, Texas and their major donors are not happy with Shaka. The honeymoon is over and they are willing to let him go. I also think that Barnes' success at the other UT has them a bit peeved as well.

17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,513
    Michigan 2019 signee Jalen Wilson just decommitted.

To really muck things up, let's have him commit to LaVall/Butler, too and really blow our minds :)

joliebeth23 likes this.
  18. Pick n Roll Dawgs

Pick n Roll Dawgs Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $196
  19. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $2,914

20. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $2,914
    So, I would expect that this means that the decision has been communicated to the players/recruits, or is he just getting ahead of the game here?

BTW...UM twitter is melting down on Shaka. Probably would have been the same on LJ.