Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

A real coach who runs more than one offensive set would be a start. We probably would have to not finish in the bottom of the Big East, and probably winning games and going to the tourney would help.

Hank Kimball likes this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,002
    Didn’t, in this same thread, you advocate for Butler to hire Bryce Drew should LaVall leave?

fdr, jal8908, godogs91 and 9 others like this.
  3. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $806
    I understand things from Lavall's side. However, from a BU Alumnus and fan perspective, my appreciation for him would be greatly enhanced if he told the world he isn't going anywhere. He could use this as an opportunity to change the narrative about Butler and, potentially, leverage this from a recruiting perspective. Not doing so, even if he stays, will engender some disappointment within me as it will represent another lost opportunity to move the needle on where this program can be.

If he leaves, I don't see how you overcome the perception, it would reinforce, any time soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    I mentioned it yesterday, all that comes to Brown, other than his procedure to remove the tools from his leg, has been dead silent. Like no new information anywhere or about any schools coming in and making offers. He was a flaming hot topic for a couple weeks leading into Atlanta Eybl then the Butler visit, crickets since.

So yes, as i said the other day, in my opinion he's waiting for this to wrap up. If it does and LJ is still Butler's head coach, he's ours. In due time he will commit to Butler. If LJ goes to Michigan, he opens back up the recruitment and ends up in the ACC somewhere (prob clemson or GT).

5. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $461
    Maybe he wants LJ to take the job so that he can leave Boston and come back to Butler :)

cornette33, Shimmy, wazthree and 2 others like this.
  6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,035
    Well, uh, it’s different...because...you’re too dumb to understand.

Theprez4 and godogs91 like this.
  7. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    You speak like someone who actually has experience “paying the bills” tho

godogs91 and thevinrod like this.
  8. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $685
    BulldogsFTW, thevinrod and wazthree like this.
  9. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Active Member

Money:
    $206
    Which Fife, Barney or Dane? Personally, I don’t think Barney will leave Mayberry but I could be wrong.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    Trumpforpresident2020 likes this.
  10. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,081
    LIVE odds update:

Juwan Howard 85%
    LaVall Jordan 18%
    Shaka Smart 8%
    Ed Cooley 8%
    Frank Martin 5%
    Buzz Williams 3%
    Kelvin Sampson 3%
    Rob Hunter 2%
    Tom Crean 1%
    Sean Miller 0.5%

11. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    And why do you think Scooby and Eugene Brown are even considering Butler; I doubt that it has anything to do with the school as others have stated in previous posts.

12. Trumpforpresident2020

If Howard is offered a pro gig than that’s where he is going. Then my wish will come true and Lavall will be gone. It boggles my mind why Collier had given LJ an extension to begin with..... train wreck decision and I’m wondering if Collier has a conflict of interest. I never thought I would ever be rooting for Michigan for anything. GO Blue!!!!!!

13. bu2013

bu2013 Active Member

Money:
    $224
    Math is hard

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Butler Hoops mobile app

Dunhamfor3, NateDog, bumba and 2 others like this.
  14. Trumpforpresident2020

I never said that LJ couldn’t recognize talent or even recruit he just can never seal the deal. Ummm why wouldn’t be the school? Butler is fine institution,great amenities, and beautiful campus. With pessimism about the University it self I question if your a fan. LJ has every reason to be scrutinized but the Butler brand as a whole (University, campus, academics etc) I don’t believe there’s a comparison.

15. Trumpforpresident2020

Extremely
    :rolleyes:
    Hahahahahahahaha

16. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    If LJ would happen to leave, I would really like to hear who you would advocate to be the next head coach. You may have stated it in an earlier post and I just missed it but most of your posts are just saying that you want LJ gone.

17. Pick n Roll Dawgs

Pick n Roll Dawgs Active Member

Money:
    $384
    So you think another coaching change would be good for butler? Whether u think Lavall is good or bad the answer would be no

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  18. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    I have been a season ticket holder for over 30 years, and watched many games prior to that when Theofanis and Sexton were coaching. I have cheered for the University regardless of who the coach is. Butler has always had a problem recruiting what people consider top tier recruits. Like many recruits throughout college basketball, my point was that these perceived top tier recruits come to play for a particular coach. Many on this board have expressed their opinion that if LJ goes, then Scooby and Eugene will look elsewhere and most likely Chuck Harris as well.

19. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $538
    He was pushing for Alford a while back, which tells you all you need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $806
    I'm curious as to whether you think LaVall is a bad coach, or you just don't like his style/system. He is much more like Beilein than Brad or Holtman. Beilein is more of a concepts coach whereas Brad and Chris were more set plays and actions.

All 3 of them are widely regarded as good coaches. If you think Beilein is a good coach, go back and look at his first 4 years at Michigan. It clearly takes the right players to work in this system. The wrong ingredients make a mess whether you are Beilein or anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app