Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. butlerbreadman

butlerbreadman New Member

Money:
    $14
    I agree that LJ is wasting a potential chance at stealing a few recruits from Michigan i.e. Zeb and Wagner.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    wazthree likes this.
  2. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    Or be very active on twitter promoting your school that pays you 7 figures, is that too much to ask?
    Use it to your advantage, whether or not he is a candidate saying he isn’t interested and wants to win a championship at Butler is a great way to sell to recruits.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $685
    Zeb is still committed!! Butler wouldn't recruit him still committed to Michigan. And how do you know he isn't actively recruiting Wagner? You don't.

This board is insane.

Tentozen and fdr like this.
  4. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917
    Fans are restless, you want to drive interest and ticket sales. Say you are all in. True leaders show their passion.

BulldogsAllTheWay likes this.
  5. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $685
    Just because he isn't doing it that on twitter to please you doesn't mean he isn't saying it to recruits. Hell, I'd bet the farm he is.

6. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $685
  7. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,779
    May not be a candidate for? Of course he's a candidate. How far up UM's list, that's what no one knows.

Not sure how you can suggest that he's not a candidate.

Hinkle likes this.
  8. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Active Member

Money:
    $389
    Terrible take lol. It’s Michigan we all can agree that there’s one job that could pry Lavall away and it’s Michigan we knew that when he got hired. If he is a candidate which he is there’s no way he’s gonna say hey I don’t want this Michigan job. That puts him in tough situation. Also I haven’t heard anything that he has interviewed he probably won’t and Jared already said he heard rumblings he doesn’t think he is getting it. Ultimately I think Lavall will not get this and in a few weeks we will get a q commitment from Eugene brown followed by another this summer. Could honestly turn out to be one of the best summers we’ve had in along time. Lastly hopefully juwan Howard hits it off at Michigan has great success and we won’t have to worry about a coaching change. I truly think Michigan is the only job that will get Lavalls attention that would be interested in him. Go DAWGS!

joliebeth23 likes this.
  9. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $685
    Slick edit, buddy.

10. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $685
    A serious candidate. Yes, LaVall is certainly somewhere on a list of names, but it would be bizarre for LaVall to tweet he's not interested in the Michigan job if he's had no contact with them. And we have no proof that he has.

wazthree likes this.
  11. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    Thank you for your response. I don't necessarily agree with you about Alford, but each to their own; and there was no way they were going to be able to pay what Hoiberg would have required to take the job; and even if they had, I believe that he would have moved on to greener pastures within a couple of years.

12. butlerbreadman

butlerbreadman New Member

Money:
    $14
    I know I would interview just to hear what they had to offer. I think it is unreasonable to expect LJ to not want to improve his earning potential. If butler really wants LJ to show "loyalty", maybe butler should drop big coin on him. Otherwise, we need to just understand LJ needs and should do what's best for him and his family

As for me, I want LJ to stay, but If Michigan offers, I know butler will most assuredly be looking for its next head coach.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  13. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    LJ didn’t ask for this attention. Holt was out creating buzz for his name every offseason, with every opening.

14. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,237
    I’d rather Lavall interview for the job, and then publicly turn the money down and say Butler is a better place for him. You want to show recruits your all in...that’s do it.

He’s not out campaigning for this job like Howard. There is a difference between actively applying vs them coming and asking you.

BulldogsFTW, Mad_Dawg 48, #60 and 3 others like this.
  15. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    Guys LaVall *literally* landed a top 100 recruit while this was happening...he’s trying to improve Butler.

16. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,497
    But he is interested. And why wouldn't he be? Would you really be placated by a silly platitude?

I don't even know how to respond to this.

17. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $813
    Earlier I posted that I would be disappointed if LaVall were not trying to capitalize on this situation. I should have also said that it's quite possible that he is working very hard to do just that. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

OldSchoolDawg1983 likes this.
  18. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,497
    Zeb is still committed to Michigan. What makes you think we aren't recruiting Wagner?

wazthree likes this.
  19. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,497
    Did you just watch Braveheart or something? Give the dude a break. Any person with half a brain would be interested in the Michigan job if they were in LaVall's position. LaVall doesn't owe you anything.

BoyGeoff, peeps112 and Bulldogs260 like this.
  20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,781
    Fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

seadawg and DawgsMD like this.