Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,921
    If it doesn't lead to LaVall getting poached (and I really doubt it will), Cooley staying at Providence is a good thing for the Big East and thus for Butler.

bumba, BoyGeoff, TheDawgDub95 and 2 others like this.
  2. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,367
    Hopefully Michigan has decided on Howard (he was interviewing today) and let Cooley know.

If so, he did a good job at turning it into an extension and then promoting that he’s staying at Providence.

bumba and Pick n Roll Dawgs like this.
  3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,921
    It's absolutely not a generational thing, I agree. In fact, if anything, you'd find that the current young generation consumes considerably more information and is much better informed as a general matter than prior generations (and despite what boomers would have you believe, it's also significantly better behaved). But you can't learn how/when to properly trust/not trust people other than with age.

joliebeth23 and 2xDawg like this.
  4. Blue three

Blue three Active Member

Money:
    $64
    Did you not see the post about buyout challenges with Butler and Texas coaches? There most likely will be more big names surface, it’s just a matter of time.

5. Pick n Roll Dawgs

Pick n Roll Dawgs Active Member

Money:
    $303
    Shimmy, Daddysmack and Hinkle like this.
  6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,921
    Belein's teams were pretty much always terrible at defense. Belein hires Yaklich in 2017 to essnetially be a defensive coordinator, and in the two seasons he's been there they've been unbelievable defensively.

He'd preserve culture/continuity and he just might be a defensive savant. I think it'd be a good hire.

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
    Agree, so... does this mean finishing under .500 last season might have been a good thing for program stability in the long term?

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
    My kids can detect my bullshit from weeks away. I guess it's a matter of delivery.

DawgFan likes this.
  9. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $549
    "A Michigan man will coach Michigan." A comment on Goodman's above tweet. Undoubtedly, "Chris" is a UM alum with a rich sense of history. Of course, it took a non-Michigan man, Beilein, to turn Michigan into a relevant program because it was a steaming pile of, uh let's be charitable here, mediocrity when he took it over. And Hinkle is right about Yalich's arrival really improving Michigan. Yalich has been coaching for twenty years (he started out coaching girls at an Illinois HS). And what were Yaldch's ties to UM before Beilein hiring him in 2017? Thats right, zero.

Yep, it's gotta be a Michigan man.

10. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    Kudos to Cooley's agent. As a Providence native, it was never a lock he was going to leave in the first place.

Looks to me like it's Juwan or bust right now for Michigan. Those assistant hires might actually be savvy, but not sure they're splashy enough for alumni and boosters right now.

11. wazthree

wazthree Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,917

Guarantee that Cooley didn’t turn Michigan down.

He didn’t get the job so he is playing it like he turned it down. Same thing Jordan should be doing to help recruiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $218
    How much is Michigan paying this "search firm" (Turn-Key I believe). Whatever it is, I would have done it at 1/4 of the price and probably produced the same results........

Pick n Roll Dawgs likes this.
  13. mlees89

mlees89 Member

Money:
    $48
    Jeff Meyer out there retweeting like crazy...

ButlerFan89 likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,472
    I have been extremely impressed with Michigan’s defense and for that reason alone I’d make Yaklich interim coach . It worked for Wisconsin when Bo Ryan retired in December 2015 when AC Greg Gard replaced him. I wish LJ would find two new AC’s- one for defense and one for bigs. Those two areas were really deficient last year.

Hinkle likes this.
  15. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,472
    Good to see someone who doesn’t want to fool with happiness.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  16. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $871
    What's his Twitter handle?

17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,319
    @asleeponthebench

peeps112, iluvsnow, DawgsMD and 3 others like this.
  18. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $201

willisbrown and mlees89 like this.
  19. ap234

ap234 Member

Money:
    $83
    Looks like it’s going to be Howard.

Attached Files:

Shimmy, Sidd Finch, mwall787 and 3 others like this.
  20. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,037