Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $880
    Now I can get excited about Chuck Harris.

2. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,219
    It depends. If they have 500 year NBA careers and transition straight from essentially a player-coach to assistant coach in the NBA for 5 years first like Howard I would feel pretty good about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

dawgs2014 likes this.
  3. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,334
    We have to root for Howard now, at least for 5 or so years. At the least, I want to see LaVall implement his system with his guys in the class of '20. I know its early but '20 has a good chance of being Butler's highest rated class ever, by far. Imagine a 2023 season with Battle as a senior and a handful of juniors from the 2020 class.

4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,140
    Manning was an assistant for a long time at Kansas before getting the Tulsa gig. I will add Price to the list, too. Had already plugged Porter in.

5. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,557
    Tough to say just because of Hayward and Mack, but rated coming in? You’re absolutely right.

6. NCJon

Money:
    $9,140
    I think people would be pretty excited about it, whether it was a good idea or not.

People around here were over the moon when Sidney Lowe got hired. That didn't last long.

Have Hayward or Mack finished their degrees? That was one of the reasons Cal didn't go after Jason Kidd.

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,438
    I think I read Mack is still actively pursuing his degree?

8. lockebyproxy

lockebyproxy New Member

Money:
    $38
    Sidd Finch and Hinkle like this.
  9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,449
  10. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter Active Member

Money:
    $483
    If Hayward finishes his NBA career and went to be on Stevens staff for a couple years then ended up at Butler that would be pretty compelling. Especially if Stevens continues to be seen as a boy wizard coach and starts his own coaching tree. It may never pan out but it kind of struck me that this COULD happen in the future. Of course I'm more than happy for LJ to be a lifer and the success that would mean for the program.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. Hank Kimball

Hank Kimball Active Member

Money:
    $209
    I’m slowly running out of hope for the Cleveland Indians this year. Can’t hit and can’t score runs.

12. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $444
    Had this been a ‘normal’ March / April search, their pool would be MUCH higher. At a floor, you can think Louisville.

That’s frankly way outside Jordan’s weight class right now and if they were actually good enough to become that between now and then, that’s just fine. You take the buyout. You’d have absolutely no problem finding a good replacement with that scenario

13. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,526
    Yeah I agree. Maybe a week from now we will find out more details on Lavalls interest and how far it got. I also think if this coaching change happened when most changes do then Big name coaches would be all over it

14. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

Should have last season though.. Robbed

15. mlees89

mlees89 Member

Money:
    $48
    Howard's wife tweeted "Go BLUE" about 20 minutes ago. @J9Howard

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  16. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,183
    It could be worse, there is a 194 page thread on Xavier's board all about climate change denial.

bwesson15, fdr, bmradio99 and 12 others like this.
  17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,868
    I think in a normal coaching search Spring world, this job had Oats written all over it. But he took the big check from Bama...same with others. No way they settle for Howard or even consider LaVall...Cooley? Maybe. But probably aim way higher than that.

Maybe they hit a home run with Howard. I am still completely in shock that they couldn't lure a big name to AA.

18. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,599
    Are you being serious? If there’s one thing that really gets my panties in a bunch it’s climate change denial. However, I have no desire to hijack the thread. I just want a decision on Howard to become official.

19. NCJon

Money:
    $9,140
    Wow. I thought for sure that was flame or some joke about X I just didn't get.

bmradio99 likes this.
  20. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,079