Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,691
    I don't think I was ever truly worried about LaVall leaving. Even if he did, what can we do? At this point, the only thing to do is laugh. LaVall would have been the fourth coach to have been hired away in 12 years (and the third by a B1G 10 school). That is nuts.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    And the world makes sense again...that would match up almost to a tee some things.

I don't want to believe this, but it connects many dots.

3. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,525
    Doesn't make me feel good. Like he didn't want to be there. Kind of disheartening. He better get some players.

wazthree likes this.
  4. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,691
    I won't knock a guy for trying to get a better job.

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    Worse...he was looking for his golden parachute before everything collapses around him. That's why I want to not believe it (but I do believe it). I guess you could look at it two ways, one, it's his absolute end game dream job that he had fantasies about...or it screams he has no confidence in this squad going forward and knows he's not long for the program and wanted an end game.

6. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,729
    I am sure Jordan was aware or knew of the frustration that many Butler fans had felt over the last year and a half with the direction of the program and where it
    appeared to be heading.

7. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,525
    Perhaps he wanted out cause of that and could not take the heat. I want a coach who wants to be there. Been a long time since we had one of those.

wazthree likes this.
  8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,632
    Yeah, it’s one thing to listen and take it if offered. Another to run a full on campaign, especially when you’re not a true candidate to begin with.

wazthree likes this.
  9. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,488
    I’m torn. On one side I see how it looks to us as fans. On the other if my dream job opened up you’re damn sure I’d be trying to lobby hard for it.

I think the thing us fans are struggling with is the fact that Butler isn’t his dream job more than anything.
    Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

bwesson15, cornette33 and NCJon like this.
  10. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $382
    Jesus. How dare the man try to make more money and take care of his family. What a horrible human being.

If he does this with every job opening that's one thing, but he had to think he had a chance of gaining some leverage with Collier for extra cash if nothing else. Same as Ed Cooley. Happens all of the time and I am not outraged one bit.

11. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,445
    cornette33 likes this.
  12. nindiana

nindiana Member

Money:
    $122
    Ok Barry, now is when you say “If you are looking, WE are looking.” Go .500 again and tell him to take a hike. Pathetic and damaging look for LaVall, IF this is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmradio99 and wazthree like this.
  13. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,401
    Well when the fanbase immediately believes what a new poster says because it fits their negative perceptions of a coach, I can't say I blame him for trying to leave if it was true.

Maybe if expectations for LaVall or any Butler coach were rooted in some form of reality, that might help everyone's mindset. Not every coach is going to be an X's and O's savant immediately, never miss on a recruit or give a middle finger to significantly bettering theirs and their family's lives.

If he was really working so hard to get out of Dodge, I doubt he would have landed a top 100 guard after the job opened up. Jared even said he didn't expect to get the job and was just going about business as usual to make next year's squad as good as it can be.

Carry on.

14. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,439
    Let’s pump the brakes a bit. No offense, Ronnie Taylor, but it’s your first post so I think it’s reasonable to question the reliability of your information. As you mention, the buyout information came to light, so he had to be enough of a candidate that they were doing some due diligence. As to him possibly pursuing, I can’t find much fault as I do believe it’s one of few jobs he would leave Butler for—no reason to not develop a relationship with the AD should the Howard hire not work out—even knowing he wouldn’t be given serious consideration.

15. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,318
    It took all of 5 posts.

Tentozen, NateDog, godogs91 and 7 others like this.
  16. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,863
    Insane Dawg, if you could predict the behavior of the stock market like you can predict the behavior on this board, you would be a multi-millionaire.

godogs91 likes this.
  17. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
    This hasn't exactly been Tennessee fans running Cuonzo Martin out of Knoxville, but there are times when the criticisms of LaVall on this site remind me of that. I'm sure he's aware of those sentiments in the fan base.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    godogs91 and Insane Dawg like this.
  18. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $18,791
    Ehh, while I get the point, and have defended LaVall quite a bit, I also wouldn’t want to be coaching a program that doesn’t have fans calling for my head after a last place finish.

19. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,526
    Just so everyone knows regarding this guys post- he just joined the app. I’m not saying what he’s saying is false which it could be but also could not be. Me personally i don’t buy it just because I haven’t heard that anywhere else. Who knows hopefully Val is the coach for along time. It would be nice if this user came out and said a source or something about how he knows this. I don’t buy it personally

godogs91 and joliebeth23 like this.
  20. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839
    Butler’s non-con is brutal this season. Think we should have a very good idea of where this team stands by the time BE play rolls around. It’d be neat to win start winning road games again and protect home court.

I used to think Barry would give Vall one more season after 19-20 but now I’m not sure. Especially if he was pushing for the UM job. Maybe he is able to land a killer ‘20 class?

Chuck Harris looks no part of a top 100 player IMO. Same AAU squad as Thompson and the same non existent jump shot. I highly doubt anyone on the board has seen him play in person. An OG poster who has seen him numerous times and only lurks now is very concerned with his lack of athleticism and offensive game.

Pack seems to be blowing up and probably won’t come to Butler. All the Eugene Brown talk has gone silent. Who else are we even in a good spot with?

willisbrown likes this.