Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,640
    Lord please let this thread die.

BulldogsFTW, NCJon, Theprez4 and 3 others like this.
  2. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,967
    I don’t know who this Ronnie Tyler is but I don’t believe a bit of the crap he said in his post about Jordan trying to get traction as a coach. It’s totally out of character and sounds like this guy is trying to just stir up ****.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464

Dirt cheap if that's for real.

4. NateDog

NateDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $539
    Was shocked at first too but,
    From the Detroit Free Press last July:

"Beilein’s $3.8 million salary is composed of three parts: his base salary of $400,000; $1.5 million from Michigan’s Supplemental Defined Contribution Retirement Plan; and $1.9 million, paid in equal monthly installments, for Beilein’s “University-related promotional activities, sponsorships, television, radio, internet, shoe and/or apparel sponsorships, consulting, and other services at the request of the University as part of (Beilein’s) duties and responsibilities as the Head Men’s Basketball coach.”

Not saying Juwan Howard is making 3.8m right away, but the $400K base thing is essentially meaningless.

bumba, wazthree and estar20dawg like this.
  5. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    I don't necessarily know that it's that far-fetched. Jordan is another bad season away from being on the hot seat here.

There was that PR article that the Detroit Free-Press had that was very pro Jordan. It's possible he asked a favor from a friend or something.

However, just because he was trying to get an interview doesn't mean he hates Butler or something. It's a business/leverage move.

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,464
    Cooley interviewed. LJ didn't.

7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,640
    What difference does it make?

I Am Butler, godogs91 and Daddysmack like this.
  8. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $685
    I'm trying decide when people are more irrational. During the actual season or the offseason? It's close.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    dawgs2014, godogs91 and DawgsMD like this.
  9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,132
    Because Cooley used the rumormongering to get an extension and to crow about being committed? And PC gets to make it seem like their coach was desirable and they were able to keep him at home? Latest freep article says Cooley was never even offered. Pretty slick. If you haven’t noticed before, it isn’t in the program’s nature to hype up something that never happened.

Tentozen and godogs91 like this.
  10. Pick n Roll Dawgs

Pick n Roll Dawgs Active Member

Money:
    $384
    Because Lavall didn’t get an interview he was always viewed as a possible candidate but never a serious one. I think by him not saying anything just shows he wasn’t considered past a phone call or wasn’t interested as much as people thought

tedfrye likes this.
  11. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    Do people want him to send out a tweet saying, "I'm BACK, BABY!!" or something? Let's just get back to business as usual. He landed a top 100 pg, let's go get Brown. Christ.

dawgs2014, jkcdawgs, Tentozen and 5 others like this.
  12. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $575
    Yes, but in an understated, yet dignified way, while still having strong elements of excitement, exuberance, humility and compassion.

Tentozen and fdr like this.
  13. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,173
    If he sent out a "Working hard to get in the gym...#hungrydawg" then everyone could just move on

14. Butler1980

Butler1980 Member

Money:
    $59
    I’m thinking everyone has moved on except for a few on this forum that can’t let it go. He’s probably not sitting around worrying about how he’s going to make the people on this forum happy.

Pick n Roll Dawgs likes this.
  15. knobcreekfan

knobcreekfan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $424
    From the "you cannot please everyone" category...some people would find fault in the tweet.

16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    I think all will be forgotten and this will all be a "damn we wasted a lot of time on this thread" as soon as another high profile 2020 is inked. Focus has to be on that...5 openings. Make them count.

jkcdawgs and Pick n Roll Dawgs like this.
  17. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,238
    Plus, the standard *****ing about Harris dropping in the rankings like there’s some conspiracy against Butler recruits...

18. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,238
    I wonder how content Howard was w that considering he’s made over $150M in the Association

19. the_speakers_lab

Money:
    $4,238
    From your keyboard to the...

[​IMG]

Insane Dawg and Shimmy like this.
  20. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,990
    Come on, who doesn't want this thread to at least get to 69 pages? It would be my crowning moment.

Do you guys think that LJ has a higher buyout for UM, than other schools/jobs? For instance, if that $5M number is correct, it seems quite high and there's no way the Cavs would pay that, so we're good to go. However, if he has some sort of lesser buyout for the NBA, perhaps that's still in play and could explain why he hasn't tweeted the all-clear equivalent.

bmradio99 likes this.