Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,783
    I really doubt there's a higher buyout for any particular job vs. all other jobs for LJ. As discussed before, when they hired him, Butler was extremely well positioned to negotiate a sky-high buyout for any job that may tempt LaVall; there was likely no need for a Michigan multiplier.

Second, I think you'd have to be insane to leave a high major head coaching job for an NBA assistant job, so I wouldn't worry about that. I'm not sure that's happened in the history of ever. You see NBA assistants and college assistants swapping places sometimes (e.g., Shrews from Boston to Purdue), which sort of tells you those jobs are mostly equivalent.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  2. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,907
    Nice.

3. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,452
    Nice

4. Mad_Dawg 48

Mad_Dawg 48 Member VIP Member

Money:
    $114

Lol I thought this was great.

5. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,744
    cornette33 likes this.
  6. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $741
    For my own closure, I busted my buddy’s chops for making me look like an idiot to everyone on the board. He got grouchy and told me that he gave me Donovan as the first real try, that he never mentioned LJ, that it was moving quickly, and that there were four interviewing candidates. I told him that I bought up Cooley and he went silent and that the worst thing you can do on a board is offer up “sources “ that don’t give you the whole story. He laughed at me and said “next time “.

7. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,228
  8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,765
    I was just coming here to say "ARCHIVE!"

Insane Dawg likes this.
  9. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,695
    Why was the Ronnie Tyler post deleted?

10. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,231
    ESPN reporter was quoted saying “its likely Juwan Howard will get bronny James and Zaire wade to come to
    Michigan

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app