Beilein to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerGoalie, May 13, 2019.

1. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,081
    Relax ... LJ not going anywhere.

joliebeth23 and Hinkle Nation like this.
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    One advantage of coaching in the NBA is that it appears to be guaranteed lifetime employment - see LA’s new head coach.

Staxawax likes this.
  3. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    I know what u meant lol. I was joking too

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut likes this.
  4. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,994
    No worries, as a fellow Michigander who went to Butler, I can see LJ's conundrum. Honestly, while some are concerned about when the next hire fails at Michigan, I'm more concerned now if he's offered. He's been at Butler for two years. As everyone has pointed out, Michigan is a destination job and he (and his girls) lived there for almost a decade only a few years ago.

I still don't think he's the hire, but they at least reach out and as mentioned above, he's plan B, C or D.

That said, if he bolts, I think you back up the Binks truck to Thad's house or offer Micah, or swing for the fences that he who shall not be named wants out of Boston.

ButlerNut and bumba like this.
  5. thespianrunner

thespianrunner Member

Money:
    $83
    Logged into my account after a long time just to comment and say the chances Brad Stevens would leave any situation in Boston for Butler are less than 0%, and I'd wager an enormous sum of money that he never again coaches in college. He's an established NBA coach through and through.

If Vogel and Kidd keep getting jobs, Brad could pull in work until he's dead.

6. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $221
    Hinkle likes this.
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475

Wow, it cracks me up on social media how many UM fans want LJ. Did they not watch any of our games this year? If they hire him and we could snatch Micah away from Purdue, I might consider that a heist!

dippper61 likes this.
  8. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $411
    Jordan actually didn't fit the next man down the bench scenario; if that was the case, Johnson or one of the other assistants would have been chosen. Kampen might get an interview, but I don't think any of the current assistants would get it.

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    Just said this over the weekend. Brad's gone college basketball fans.

10. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    “Ugh, no more Folwer talk.” Followed immediately by your opinion of Fowler.

fdr, bu2013 and UDDawg like this.
  11. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

Please go........ please lord let Lavall go!!!!!! That would be sweet!!

dippper61 likes this.
  12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,994
    I don't disagree...but as much as Brad hated the recruiting aspect of college, I think he despises the egos of the NBA as well. See Kyrie.

Not sure what to think about Brad, he's about as unconventional as it comes. Hell, he could leave it all and return to Eli Lilly and I wouldn't be shocked.

EagleIan likes this.
  13. Trumpforpresident2020

Trumpforpresident2020 Active Member

Stevens will eventually come back.... he will come back!

cornette33 likes this.
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    Here's the argument for bringing a legend (e.g. Juwan Howard) back home to coach where they went to school:

Just ridiculous what Penny has been able to do in such a short amount of time.

15. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    Howard was member of the "Fab Five" a fabled time in UM basketball lore, but led to a lot of problems 25 years ago. Not likely.

16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    There really has to be 10-15 realistic names that far outweigh LaVall and what he brings. No way he can crash a program and get a gig at one of the best programs. But man if he does...say good bye to anything and everything for a long time, and that's IF Barry does the right thing.

17. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
    Just a stupid comment. Whether u think he’s a good coach or not imagine the recruiting hit we would take. We need stability. Terrible take

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Hope Michigan hires a new coach not named LaVall Jordan quickly so it does not impact recruiting.

19. Hinkle Nation

Money:
    $480
  20. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
    Seriously....imagine Furst, Goode, Brown, Vescovi, Johnson, and Battle. I’m salivating.