Ben Shtolzberg - 2022 Point Guard (Creighton)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Mr X, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $275
  2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,279
    Just got off the phone with Ben! Will work on transcribing/writing an article on it tonight and will have it up tomorrow. I'll just say that "fit" was mentioned a lot during this interview. Really good chat.

seadawg, 2xDawg, mwall787 and 2 others like this.
  3. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,279
    As always, interview-based articles are free to read. I had a good time chatting with Ben last night, lots of quotes to go through! There's been a fair amount of Creighton buzz regarding this recruitment, but he was very complimentary of Butler during our call. I hope that you all enjoy the article and I have more interviews coming soon!

ARTICLE: https://www.patreon.com/posts/54529328

DawgPoundMac, 2xDawg, jal8908 and 3 others like this.
  4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,420
    Yeah, that was about as glowing of a high school interview piece I’ve ever read without it being a commitment announcement.

2xDawg, jal8908 and cornette33 like this.
  5. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $534
    Great piece, thanks Lukas!

Definitely had good things to say about Butler, but I was hoping to read that he'd have a visit lined up. I really like this kid. The fact he visited those three schools and hasn't committed is a plus if we can get him on campus, but also him saying he wants to commit in a month or two and just probably take more visits gives me pause. Hopefully I'm reading too much into it and it's moreso from a hectic summer than anything else. Creighton fans are all over him on Twitter though and the zegarowski comparisons are obvious so hopefully we can get him on campus soon.

Will be interesting to see who the staff tries to get on campus first for that PG spot and who ends up popping. I'd love to add Shtolzberg with his size and shooting at the 1. I liked Stansberry but there has been hardly anything on him in July and he doesn't have the offer list Shtolzberg does. Comer being the local kid and BU being his only high major offer, but is he a top priority for LaVall? Personally, I'd rather target more size and shooting having Tate in the fold. Claude is a wild card. Seems like he may be getting out of BU's reach based on his other offers, but you never really know. Chas Kelley is another guy who I think BU would be at the top of his list if we are prioritizing him.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,572
    Am I crazy or did I see a little bit of Paul Jorgenson style and swagger in that highlight video?

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,448
    Proceed with caution as Ben speaks well of other programs too.

2xDawg likes this.
  8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,643
  9. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $534
    https://t.co/ITvKvl8bPp?amp=1

Quotes on his top 6 which includes a pro team in Israel. He's already taken officials to Creighton, Rutgers, and NW. I get the feeling we may be a little behind the 8-ball here, but hopefully LJ can at least get him on campus in the next month or so.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,124
    A few minutes after Shtolzberg announced his top 6 (which included Rutgers), Rutgers got a commitment from a PG. Not sure if that will have any impact on him or not.

11. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,279
    *whispers* Without any insight attached to this (merely my opinion), that might have more of an impact on the Chas Kelley recruitment than this one.

bwesson15, mwall787, NCJon and 4 others like this.
  12. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,888
  13. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $811
    I wouldn't think that bodes well for Butler since he hasn't visited the campus to my knowledge.

estar20dawg and dawgs2014 like this.
  14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,505
    Have to lean either Creighton NW or pro ball in Israel if this is happening right now

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,161
    I'm gonna say yeah, he's off the board. Without coming to visit (and I don't know where he has gone) I can't see us being the decision here. He strikes me as a creighton type who will be meh then go off for 10 3s on dollar beer night some random friday in january against us.

bumba likes this.
  16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,420
    I was going to come on here and point out how coach Ragland liked this tweet from Lukas, which I was hoping would mean something. But I spaced that he hasn't visited, so I agree, would definitely be a surprise commit.

BU Fan in Illinois likes this.
  17. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,505
    He's visited Creighton, NW and Rutgers I believe

18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,643
  19. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,554
    Why would Coach Ragland like a tweet if it wasn't potentially good news?

20. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,420
    Well, that’s what I was wondering :)

cornette33 likes this.