Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by gmoser1210, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $365
    I agree with what you are saying, but at this point I would predict 4, with a possibility of 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,657
    Big east has just about no shot at 6 teams, and 5 seems like fantasy as well (though it’s possible I guess).

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,441
    Need to get 68 teams from somewhere. I bet we will get 5. Nova, Marquette, us, sju shu, creighton all could make it.

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,657
    5 is possible, just unlikely. The pac 12 being mid major helps things. But the B1G and B12 are gonna have an absurd number of teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

MSUDawg likes this.
  5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,441
    I’ve got 9 big ten and 6-7 big 12. Probably 7 acc. 5-6 sec. not much from the pac 12. That’s conference this year is basically the a10 the year we were there.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $161
  7. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $363
    As do I. In addition to my regular Butler and national pieces, this is my fourth year predicting the field/being graded by the Bracket Matrix. I released my second copy of in-season bracketology yesterday (https://bustingbrackets.com/2018/12/28/bracketology-2019-tennessee-seton-hall-rise-projected-field/). Even though I predict six bids at the moment, that seems high to me as well. My brackets, though, are based on what I believe the committee will do, not my own opinions. I think five will dance at the end of the year.

8. Ster8462

Ster8462 Member

Money:
    $92

9. Ster8462

Ster8462 Member

Money:
    $92
    I believe Big East will get 5 in for sure. A10, and PAC 12 will only combine for 5. If bottom 4 teams in Big East only win 15-20 games between total we might sneak in a sixth team

10. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $363
    I would be surprised if the A10 and Pac-12 combine for 5 teams. They might only get 2-3 combined and I'm dead serious.

11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,457
    If metrics and analytics were the only factor, I would agree. But I think Pac-12 gets 2 for sure, and A10 gets two for sure.

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  12. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $363
    That's reasonable but they got five last season when both conferences were better than they are this year. Arizona State is the only team that I feel remotely comfortable about making it from those two conferences at the moment. Pac-12 has more chances for at-large teams (Arizona, Oregon, Washington all seem like potential teams to strike) than the A-10.

The A-10 doesn't have anyone that looks like an at-large team right now. Maybe VCU, Dayton, or a healthy Davidson emerges in conference play, but it's hard to build a resume when the conference is already viewed as weak.

ButlerNut likes this.
  13. ButlerNut

Money:
    $2,457
    Very logical argument. And you will be right more than I will. I see the A-10 getting a 2nd team in bc the conf tourn won't go as planned. (No logic, just an early cold take)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. ButlerNut

Money:
    $2,457
    In 8 clock minutes, DePaul could be undefeated and in 1st place in the Big East. And X would be winless and in last place.

Score is tied 50-50 at the under 8 media break.

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,340
    X & DePaul are tied with 8 minutes to play. Neither of them are tournament teams. That leaves 8 schools. I'd say getting 5 teams in March Madness this year might be good.

Jaylen Butz from Ft. Wayne North is having a good game.

16. ButlerNut

Money:
    $2,457
    DePaul up 1 with 4:08 to go.

Ryan Welage for X is scary good. 5-8 from 3.

17. ButlerNut

Money:
    $2,457
    X pulling away. 13-2 run. Up 68-63 with 1 minute to go. X ball.

18. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,026
    Depaul does this late game fade all the time

Sent from my SM-G930T using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerNut likes this.
  19. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,690
    Marquette-SJU this evening. Should be a good one

20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,206
    Should be a great one. Interesting test for both. Sju could make a huge statement or Marquette keeps rolling. Getting the remote out of my family's hands will be a struggle.