Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by gmoser1210, Sep 5, 2013.

1. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $994
    Interesting to see how St. John’s responds after heartbreaking loss to SH.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,746
    I’m taping it. These are two of the best teams with the top two guards in the BE- perhaps the two best players.

ChiDawg3 likes this.
  3. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,061
    What exactly happened at the end of the SJU - SHU game before the game winning shot? I heard rumblings of an absolutely atrocious foul call, but the media never puts that sort of stuff in highlights. So I have no idea what exactly happened at the end except SHU ran a great OB play and a kid hit a shot

Also, we need to play PC ASAP before Reeves gets healthy

4. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $135
    Johnnies stole the ball on an IB pass under SH basket up 2 with 3.9 left. Was ruled St John’s stepped out or kicked it. They never said what the actual call was. It was replayed and clearly a clean steal. Great play. Seton Hall IB again and won on a deep 3 at the buzzer. Announcers said the call could not be overturned. Seton Hall made a great comeback to put them in position and Ponds was throwing up garbage for St John’s during the comeback. Bottom line is the call was horrible and St John’s should have gotten the win at Seton Hall.

5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,122
    Maybe I'm letting our success against them since joining the BE cloud my judgment, but Marquette really doesn't impress me much. Oh, and neither does the Gus Johnson impersonator calling this MU-SJU game on FS1 right now.

6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,776
    I don’t think Mullin has stopped working the officials yet this game. He is constantly talking to them - not always yelling. But definitely working them.

7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,746
    Horrible shooting game for Marcus Howard

8. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $994
    St. John’s looks REALLY athletic. Two true road games for Marquette: a 23 point loss @ IU & now a 20 point loss @ SJU.

9. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,417
    The way our team is currently being utilized we have no chance against that st johns team even with Mullins coaching

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,661
    They will mail us down low. Horrid match up it will be. Very impressed with them I am.

11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,375
  12. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,557
    I sure wish that Melanoski shot like that against us last game! StJ tried to give it away, but GT couldn't hit shots in OT.

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,746
    Only two undefeated teams in BE conference. Wide open.

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,746
    Xavier is down 55-34 to Marquette with 10 minutes to go. Enough talent to be better on both ends of the floor. Virtually no offensive sets and guys aren’t getting back on defense. This team might be broken

15. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $648
    DePaul playing well against Hall. Going 0-3 to start conference for them would be too much for them to overcome. I am sure that's why they are playing well. Kind of hoped Hall would win so they would be more likely to lose against Butler.

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,375

I hope GT pounds them. We need their NET rank to skyrocket or that's going to be a very bad loss for us.

17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,927
    It doesn’t really matter. It’s basically all reciprocal at this point. One goes way up the other goes way down.

18. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $714
    Georgetown is 5-for-5 from three...

willisbrown likes this.
  19. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,661
  20. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $498
    Good first half Marquette and Creighton. Both teams shooting better than 50% from 2 and 3.