Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by gmoser1210, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,837
    Xavier is playing better than anyone in the Big East. Wish we could get muscular athletes like these two teams

cornette33 likes this.
  2. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,182
    I really believe X will finish 3rd in BE @ 10-8 & get an at-large to the NCAA tournament.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Insane Dawg likes this.
  3. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $512
    I'm not quite there yet but I was very surprised with how we played the johnnies last night, granted that's almost as much on them as it is us. I think the tournament is still about 3 wins away for us and I won't feel moderately ok unless we hit 4 wins tbh. I'm just enjoying the ride and glad this team and coaching staff has kept it together. I'm not going to sit here and say I never lost hope....losing to depaul at home (for the first time ever) by double digits with a meltdown in the final 4 minutes was absolutely rock bottom for us since joining the BE.

We'll see what happens- decided to come up to Hinkle though which I didn't anticipate a month ago by any means - the 6p start with traffic from cincy is just rough all around.

4. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    X you went into hiding when your team was on a six game losing streak and now you are pumped again.

5. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $512
    Oh absolutely- wouldn't call it hiding- i've posted less every forum i'm at this year- it's just not as fun when you're down and out. Basically since we got boatraced by UC I knew we were into it.

Legitimately thought the win over Butler at X would be the highlight of the season for a LONG time. But i'm pumped. I'm not buying into this NCAA hype yet. If this team is playing Saturday night in the garden I'll be pretty happy. til then i dont think we're in.

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,561
    St. John's is a roller coaster. They are a 1st round March Madness loss waiting to happen.

Tentozen likes this.
  7. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,006
    So the Hoyas have 3 6'10 players coming in and a 7'0 transfer from NC State who AVG 13 PTS a GM there. Geez

8. cornette33

Money:
    $1,006
    Oh wow. Just saw the score. Last place here we come

Insane Dawg likes this.
  9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    We are definitely headed for last place.

10. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,340
    Creighton takes down Marquette on the road.

We are in 10th according to ESPN

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. BURph92

Money:
    $1,182
    Creighton now with a great chance to finish BE play at 9-9 after winning at Marquette. They finish up at home vs Providence & DePaul.

12. cornette33

Money:
    $1,006
    So Nova and Marquette are tied again right? Standings not updated. Not that I really care. Ha.

13. BURph92

Money:
    $1,182
    Yep, they both have 4 losses. Both still play @ SH.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,561
    Wow, they're #57 in the NET right now. I bet they jump 4-5 spots. Could be a bubble team next week.

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,109
    Even if true...anything according to the social justice jerk offs at msespn should not be believed.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  16. BURph92

Money:
    $1,182
    Creighton with a chance to finish 9-9 in BE despite 2 separate 4 game losing streaks in conference play.

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,561
    Creighton is up to #49 in the NET. They have 9 Q1/Q2 wins and no Q3/Q4 bad losses. They also beat Gonzaga in addition to Marquette.

If they win out against PC & DePaul then win a game in the BET, I could see them being the 4th Big East team in March Madness.

18. BURph92

Money:
    $1,182
    Creighton lost at home to Gonzaga.

estar20dawg likes this.
  19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    Love to see this happen. Isn't it possible that GT could also end up 8-10?

20. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Active Member

Money:
    $516
    Yeah Creighton winning at Marquette somehow, that really screwed our hopes of getting out of the play in game, which to me was the only real hope of winning the tournament. I don't see how anyone wins 4 games in 4 days there.