Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by gmoser1210, Sep 5, 2013.

1. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,547
    And seton hall lost Mamukelashvili to a broken wrist for 6-8 weeks too

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,885
    Huge loss for SH. He was their second best player and only other dependable offensive threat.

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  3. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,125
    And they did not look like a team that should be ranked the rest of that game, after he went out early.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,803
    Guess they should have played on Saturday! hahahha

znelson15 likes this.
  5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,398

Gotta give Travis credit, that's funny as hell.

NCJon, WestLoopDog and DawgsMD like this.
  6. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,911
    I have to admit: It took me some time to get used to kids being in bars after moving to a state where that's allowed, and I never take my own with me. But I also don't get upset about anyone else doing it.

bumba likes this.
  7. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,930
    Some of my fondest memories of growing up in Ohio are of going to the Inbetween Tavern before Reds and Bengals games.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Baute and DawgsMD like this.
  8. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,212
    Montana kids are allowed in bars and breweries of course breweries close at 8 and kids aren’t allowed in bars past ten or so

Works for me since I manage one and have a 15 month old

Montana’s culture has always been this
    Recreate outdoors in the mountains and enjoy it afterwards with your family anywhere you please

BoyGeoff likes this.
  9. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,803
    Delaware just gave Nova all they could handle. Delaware looks really good.

But they said something that scares me: Nova has ZERO scholarship seniors. They have no one signed to come in next year, because everyone will be back. WOW. I didn't realize they were that loaded.

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,885
    Myles Powell suffered a severe concussion against Rutgers.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,885
    Wake beat Xavier by two

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,398

Damn.

13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,172
    Seton Hall gets smoked, Xavier gets cut down, Nova struggles...Gtown looked good. I mean, we have a real shot to do big things come conference time. Words I never thought I'd utter. Let's get this ish done.

Shimmy, NCJon, ButlerNut and 3 others like this.
  14. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,113
    Seton without Sandro M. (won't attempt his last name) for two months will struggle - even if Powell is fine - so by then they will be out of the championship derby. We are the highest ranked BE team on both TeamRankings (#16) and Kenpom (#12) closest BE team to us is Nova - and they are not that close - although they will still be the guy to beat to get to the top slot. As an aside, we are behind Purdue in both measuring systems - I expect we will be a 2.5 point underdog come next Saturday. If we can pull that one out it will be a magnificent preseason - let's do it...

BoyGeoff and Tentozen like this.
  15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,172
    What I worry about with Nova is that is simply a bad match up IMO. Only because we allow some pretty good looks from 3 and have faced teams that have shot meh to this point, but we all know they will not. They're always strong from deep and are again this season. So really, they are the one concerning team as far as match ups go. Which duh, but any of the others have the flaws and have struggled. Things can change in a hurry but we should be a top 3 team come closing time.

bumba, MSUDawg and Hinkle like this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $15,885
    This is going to be one fascinating BE season. If the Dawgs can improve finishing around the basket they could win the BE. The talent, depth, experience and defense is there. No other BE team has all these qualities.

17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,134
    Butler is the best team in the Big East right now. And it’s barely arguable. Hall is clearly not better. Xavier isn’t close (right now). Nova may become better, and I agree they may be a match up problem,but right now they’re not good enough defensively to win the league. Call me nuts, but Marquette scares me more than anyone else.

Beating Purdue would solidify Butler’s status as Big East favorites going into the new year.

Tentozen and fan like this.
  18. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,012
    Purdue will definitely be a tough test. Losing would not diminish BU's resume that much. Marquette is no more scary than anyone else in the BE IMO, but you could be correct?

19. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,239
    Not so much, if Howard isn’t hitting. Of course, he always seems to have strong games against us. It’s bad enough when he’s draining shots from 22 feet away, but it really bugs me when the refs constantly reward him for propelling himself into the defender on drives to the basket.

Tentozen and BulldogsAllTheWay like this.
  20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,398
    Nova has Kansas next weekend in Philly. We're going to find out if they're for real or not. Last year's game was a blast to watch.