Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by gmoser1210, Sep 5, 2013.

1. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $562
    Isn't Tom Allen the conservative comedian from Michigan who had that show on ABC?

2. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,774
    You have him confused with Nick Sagan.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg likes this.
  3. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,638

Well, it's good to shoot for something I guess...I say - Until the football program comes out with its own music video claiming "We're back!" I just can't believe the hype.

Anyway, let's say they do hit that ceiling, can you invison a scenario where Allen DOESN'T leave for a bigger football program? It wouldn't be that different from Butler losing another head coach.

Tentozen and Staxawax like this.
  4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,852
    2xDawg likes this.
  5. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,703
    Creighton loses another one:

mwall787 and znelson15 like this.
  6. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,475
    Cringe.... "TooBeContinued" ugh.

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,348
    It blows my mind but they may have to make a change at HC. Who knows if that would happen but the bleeding sure isn't stopping. It's a sad train wreck.

8. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,682
    Even with scrubs they will kick our ass on beer night

AZRPh likes this.
  9. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,768
    After much gnashing of teeth by Creighton fans on their message board (Bluejay Underground), the feeling there now seems to be that the ship is being righted. All starters from last season are gone but a table of great recruits (minus Jones) still is committed. There doesn't seem to be much talk any more of McDermott being fired or leaving. If the posters are right, reports of Creighton's demise may have been greatly exaggerated. Perhaps they are overly optimistic, but here are a few comments on their board from June 2:

"Now that we have the last piece for next year, Trey Alexander, I thought I would start this thread as the one for last year was started two months earlier. My prediction is the team makes the tourney and wins one game at least and may even get to sweet 16 if they really mesh as a team. This team has more 4 star players than any prior Jays team, so I am expecting great things. . . . In short, I believe this team is going to be 2nd place in BE and make tourney easily and be a very fun team to watch."

"According to 247 recruit rankings, there will be 8 of the top 20 all time Creighton recruits on this roster. And then you have Mitchell, O’Connell, Feazell, and Hawkins. The roster has never been this deep on paper. This team is unexpectedly loaded with potential, and a dash of experience and maturity. Unfortunately, the experienced players do not appear to be the most skilled, except for perhaps Hawkins and Mitchell’s defense. I expect a slow start because of the inexperience, but if just a few of the many possibilities can step up, the season could end very strong. None of the newcomer’s are projected one and dones. These guys are going to have to develop and that takes time."

"Arguably the program is in a better place to succeed than ever before. My expectations are going to remain what they were entering Mitch and Tyshon’s soph year (Z’s freshman year). Will be content with 7-4/8-3 non-Con and .500 in an improved BE. A NCAAT win would be phenomenal this next year and probably help keep this talented recruiting core intact for another year. . . . . Great job in the recruiting cycle by the staff . . . ."

10. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,627
    I get that they have a top 10 recruiting class coming in. But they are losing 92% of their total points scored and 81% of their total minutes played from last season. If they repeat their results from last season (as that first poster predicts) then McDermott will be Coach of the Year.

I think it's more likely that they finish in the bottom 2 of the BE than the top 2.

MSUDawg and Tentozen like this.
  11. BNiche

BNiche Active Member

Money:
    $353
  12. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $951
    That's a big change for the league.

13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    BulldogsFTW, AZRPh, #60 and 1 other person like this.
  14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,385
    Just doing some looking around at how the Big East recruits for the 2022 class so far

Depaul 58 offers
    Xavier 48 offers
    Georgetown 47 offers
    Creighton 39 offers
    Seton Hall 33 offers
    Marquette 28 offers
    St Johns 22 offers
    Providence 18 offers
    Uconn 17 offers
    Villanova 5 offers

Butler 11 offers

bmradio99, seadawg and 2xDawg like this.
  15. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,475
    And yet, 11 seems like a million in comparison to years past...

16. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,000
    And being in the same range as UConn and Villanova. I have a feeling we’re going to land a higher level recruit in the next 2 years or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  17. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $811
    It still boggles my mind how many offers schools like Xavier, DePaul and Georgetown extend each year. I wonder how they go about telling the kids in the lower tier of those offers, that the offer is only good if the ones they truly want pass on them.

18. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,627
    Hey, will you marry me? Before you answer - just know that I won't accept a 'yes' yet. I've actually asked roughly 58 other people, so I'm just waiting to see how that pans out. If A LOT of those other people all say no and I'm left with no other options - or if you somehow become more appealing than those other options, then I'll allow you to accept my proposal. But only at that time. Until then, y'know, just keep that proposal in your pocket.

Shimmy, mwall787, jeff and 3 others like this.
  19. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,921
    [​IMG]

20. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,774