Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by gmoser1210, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,587
  2. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,234
    So not big east related to the big east right now but Saddiq bey has been a stud for the pistons.

I always loved him as a player, him and mikal bridges were such amazing three and d players for nova

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,082
    Watching the “All-Access” game on FS1 between DePaul and Marquette. I really like the way Stubblefield and Smart coach their teams. Their demeanor seams a total contrast to LJ. Not saying that’s good or bad, just an observation.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,776
    Like how? Didn't watch the game. Just asking.

Tentozen likes this.
  5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    I watched most of the second half. Stubblefield sure getting a lot of exercise but not sure why he is non stop moving along the sideline yelling instructions. Poor guy is going to hurt himself.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  6. Staxawax

Money:
    $13,082
    Yeah. Both much more vocal than Val. Stubs should lose his voice after every game yelling like that. But he’s trying to coach his team up. DePaul played about as well as you could expect. Interesting that Smart told his kids “we will win this on the defensive end. When they don’t score they don’t respond well on the other end.”

7. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,283
    You’re the same ****ing guy who told lavall to sit down for yelling too much and not leaving the offense to his point guard. Now when Stubblefield does it it’s bc “he’s trying to coach his team up?”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. Staxawax

Money:
    $13,082
    To be clear, and thanks for playing along, my point with LJ was he shouldn’t have to signal every play to his point guard that’s been under him for his entire tenure as coach at Butler. If LJ were to start coaching up his defense and show more emotion that would be great.

9. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,283
    If you had just said this before I’d have agreed with you.

10. Staxawax

Money:
    $13,082
    …and miss the chance for you to call me a ****ing guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BoyGeoff likes this.
  11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Half times Nova 38. - X27
    X 2-12 from three

12. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,652
    X is pretty good but Nova is better, although they shown some flaws _ Kenpom has Nova as the #4 ranked team, between Purdue and Houston - seems we've played some of the toughest teams this year, and we really aren't tall enough or talented enough to keep up with them. Its a big challenge.

znelson15 likes this.
  13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,119
    Watching Villanova play makes me think of several things, but one in particular is I frequently hear LaVall talk about teaching guys to play off of two feet when they come into college but I see very little evidence of our guys displaying this ability through shot/pass fakes and/or productive pivoting.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

dawgs2014 likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    True but haven’t seen any other team play as fundamentally sound as Nova. They almost always pass with two hands, catch with two hands, pivot and fake. Those fundamental skills are rare.

As for the Nova 64-63 win was gritty not pretty. Combined three point shooting was 11-47. I think Kunkel was 1-3.

15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,811
    Nova always seems to display crisp passing and ball movement. They can run isolations inside because of threat of their outside shooting ability. Not only is Nova fundamentally sound, but they are blessed with high basketball IQs.

znelson15 and ButlerProf like this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    And the best coach in men’s college bball

iluvsnow and 2xDawg like this.
  17. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,283
    You’d take him over Tony Bennett and Mark Few? (Pretend Few isn’t a convict for the sake of this argument)

18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Absolutely. Tony Bennett isn’t even close. Mark Few does less with more than just about anyone. Coach K would be comparable to Jay Wright but I’d still take him over coach K. No one develops college players to succeed and then excel better than Jay Wright.

PharmDDawg and iluvsnow like this.
  19. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,283
    I think Jay Wright is a much better recruiter than Bennett, *and* gets a ton out of his talent.

I think Bennett gets more out of his talent, but gets a lot worse players.

I think coach K gets way better players than Wright even, and gets them to play together. I’d take Wright in a heartbeat over K if both coaches had the same quality roster.

20. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,603
    I would take Jay Wright over all of them, but if it came down to Bennett and Few then I would take Bennett. With Bennett, I might worry about the condition of the offense every year, but I know that the defense would always be sound and he would get the talent to maximize that defense. Butler and Virginia have very similar values and they go after the same type of players, so it would be a seamless transition. It still annoys me to think that Kyle Guy came this close to being a Bulldog.

2xDawg likes this.