Big East Conversation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by gmoser1210, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,504
    Never understood why Kyle Guy picked a program whose offense is incredibly boring. Don’t understand why Armaan Franklin transferred there as well.

2. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $16,504
    Depaul is beating Seton Hall 52-35 at half time . One team is hitting their shots more than the other team.

3. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Well-Known Member

Money:
    $533
    “Butler and Virginia have very similar values …”
    Y’all probably know Tony’s Dad is the architect of the five biblical “Butler Way” pillars that inspired Collier. Not the phrase, “The Butler Way” (Matta) or definition, “…demands commitment, denies selfishness, etc…” might’ve been coined by Licklighter. So ya, they are similar values! Tony employs the same pillars @ Virginia. Go Dawgs!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon and Shane Davis like this.
  4. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,808
    Kyle guy did win a national championship so it worked out in my opinion

Always remember what tony Bennett did at Washington state also. It was insane what he was creating out here in the northwest while here.

Crazy to say but he made me a wazzu fan for a few years out here because I loved the way they played

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

dawgs2014, iluvsnow and ButlerProf like this.
  5. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,504
    Marquette is the new Butler. Didn’t even take a full season with a new coach and a bunch of transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg, znelson15 and tobystorrs like this.
  6. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,993

BET probabilities for Butler:

7th - 2%
    8th - 10%
    9th - 31%
    10th - 42%
    11th - 15%

Sounds about right.

Attached Files:

znelson15 likes this.
  7. Cranjis McBasketball

Money:
    $1,504
    Butler likely loses its rematch with DePaul since they have Jones back (16ppg) and GT game will be a fight with Harris and Carey healthy (12.6 and 13.5ppg respectively). It’s very possible we only have 2 competitive games left and those aren’t a gimme

BURph92 likes this.
  8. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,526
    I agree. All of the BE top 7 teams are so much better than Butler it’s hard to imagine them beating any of those teams unless something flukey happens. Like you said I think they lose at a full strength DePaul. That leaves maybe Georgetown or St. John’s at home as possible wins.

9. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,795
    I like to think we’ll pull off a stupid win bc even when we’re bad like last year we seem to pull off a stupid win. This years’ team seems like it has such substantial culture and confidence issues that I’m not as confident in that as I was a couple weeks ago. If I were a betting man I’d still say we steal one or two more quad one games just bc at some point some shots have to go in, even if by accident.

10. WAJC77

WAJC77 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $951
    Georgetown looks like a new team today so far ! But if we could Ever make 50% of our shots in a half we could probably look a little dangerous too (at least not be down double digits)

11. Cranjis McBasketball

Money:
    $1,504
    GT shot a scary 13/23 (57%) from 3 last game against Providence too. They are looking good with Carey and Harris back. The scarier thing: Providence shot 53% overall and 47% from three that game to beat GT. And we play them next.

12. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,526
    As a side note, Villanova & Georgetown combined to go 32-33 from the FT line today.

13. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,879
    I watched the St. John's at Seton Hall game last night on FS1. It was played on the Seton Hall campus in their gym -- not the Prudential Center -- I guess because it was a covid make-up game. It was fun watching it in that venue. The gym looked like a high school gym and a scene out of Hoosiers with the stage on one end of the court, and the balconies on either side. The weird camera angles were "throwbacks" to an earlier time too. Fun to watch.

14. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,163
    It is a high school gym and campus. If you ever saw the place you would be asking yourself, how in the hell do they recruit? I get it, NY/NJ metro and they play at the Pru Center. (a ho hum place and tough location to get to as well). If you think Butler has a challenge recruiting to Hinkle, Indy and the facilities, head on out to Jersey. You will definitely fell better about Hinkle.

15. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,795
    It is the second worst (and maybe the worst) I’ve ever been to. Lasalle is the other one, which I commented on earlier. The thing the Seton Hall gym has is that the playing surface is actually fine.

Those balconies are just littered with trash too. It was a pretty gross place too.

I think their training room is right around the corner from the court too, and unless they’ve renovated-their on campus training room is basically a closet.

16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $16,504
    Facilities are not the end all and the city where teams play aren’t that important. You should see Lubbock where Texas Tech is and the arena where Baylor plays in Waco. Hinkle, Butler and Indianapolis are way better than those schools, facilities and places. Throwing more money at a problem rarely solves the problem . If it did our public schools would be the best in the world instead of being bad.