Big East Recruiting Notes

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 10, 2013.

1. fdr

fdr Active Member

Money:
    $299
    I haven't taken the time to really delve into the implications (good and bad), but the college recruiting (both football and basketball) landscape and model seems to be changing dramatically. When private "schools" are able to recruit multiple uber talented players across state lines and can offer nearly unprecedented access to big time college programs via combines and the like, why would you not want to bolt for these prep squads? I know the wheels have been in motion for some time now, but for some reason the shift seems even more dramatic as of late, maybe because of the Indianapolis kids that have been changing programs.

2. Tark43

Tark43 Active Member

Money:
    $191
    Nothing says student-athlete like the LaLuCombine! That's pretty gross.

3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $11,703
    Butler was there for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,227
  5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,227
  6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,032
    Xavier just got a commitment from a big dude in Georgia. Kentravious Jones (sp?) - 6-10 280. Sort of a no name project from what I can tell. Sort of desperate to get some true-center-size bodies on the roster it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. xfan1989

xfan1989 Active Member

Money:
    $108
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,032
    You may know more than me, but guys with real interest from those kind of schools don't usually make their only other OV to a barely-D1 program (JU), as appears to be the case per 247 (and his only UV recorded there was to a mid major (UCF)). Maybe he becomes something in 3-4 years (can't teach that kind of size), but right now he's purely a project from what I can gather. That's my only point. X has to gamble a bit right now to get some real post size on the roster.

9. xfan1989

xfan1989 Active Member

Money:
    $108
    Oh I get what you're saying and it could be a gamble but this has more often than not been how x get their big men- Mack hasn't had any really success in recruiting bigs outta HS. All of his have really been project or transfer guys.

I don't know how much interest those teams have I do know he sat a significant amount of time due to a broken foot so that likely has something to do with it.

10. Nildogg

Nildogg Member

Money:
    $9,551
    Not all that surprising that a guy with that size is having foot problems. Maybe he kicked the refrigerator on the way to grabbing a salad? zip (th)em (pants) up... :)

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,138
    He looks like a potential rebounding machine and enforcer. That's all you need if you have the shooters.

12. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Active Member

Money:
    $665

Creighton getting some interest on elite players.... Is it because their parents can drink beer while watching their son play?

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,227
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,227
  15. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,138
    I don't know what Creighton's secret is but they are kicking butt on they are kicking butt on the recruiting trail.

16. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,672
    Preston Murphy