Big East Recruiting Notes

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $961
    Let's face it, the staff has no interest in either one of these two, could be a lot of reasons. Who knows?

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,352
    Which strikes me as interesting if not frustrating, and I just would love to be a fly on the wall to gain some insight. It is blatantly obvious they want nothing to do with either, even as their stock rises and they are just chillin' in the back yard...there has to be SOMETHING about them that turns this staff off, or projections of players they believe they have a good feel for we just don't know about.

Or, it's as bad as we think.

3. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $961
    LaVall and his staff are really going to have to work hard over the next six months, rebuild the roster, recruit and lastly instill confidence in the program going forward.
    As a season ticket holder and booster I wish them all well.

4. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,491
    Apples and oranges to the original statement.

5. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,149
  6. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $166
    Tough act to follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843
    I agree with you that if the school had more recent success (or HC stability), then we might have more leverage. But don't you think it's instinctive for kids to want to go away to college and leave the nest so to speak? I didn't want my parents showing up unannounced at my apartment when I was in my 20's lol.

DawgsMD, Tentozen and Insane Dawg like this.
  8. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,851
    How so? The implication was that our staff can’t recruit Indy. How do we even know we WANT to recruit Windham, let alone are at failing at it? Never mind that the poster often derides the BU staff for showing interest in player’s with a similar profile to Windham based on who else is recruiting them. Which is it—they’re lousy at keeping Indy kids home—or they’re lousy for not recruiting a local kid who the poster would think has inferior offers (therefore not worth recruiting)?

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843
    I don't like the idea of a low major grad transfer guard getting between Battle & playing minutes at the 2. He's not going to play the 3 with Tucker, David & McD in rotation. Get a big for depth this year at the 5 & pocket the scholie for a 2020 Top 100 combo guard.

10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,402
    You can still have the 2020 combo guard if you take a grad transfer.

bumba likes this.
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843
    Does that put KB on the bench if the grad transfer plays the 1? I would think that having Baldwin at the 1 & Battle at the 2 might be a better learning experience. I don't see LJ taking Kamar off the court much this year (even playing on the ball).

12. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $210
    Its a bad staff. Or rather, its exactly the kind of staff that you are going to get when you refuse to pay market rates.

That player has absolutely nothing to do with it. Did you see any mention of him?

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843

Already feels like this dude has been there for a decade.

14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,167
    We better get better on the defensive end.

15. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,851
    Welp, you quoted a poster who specifically was referring to him, so I took it you were referencing him. Coaching instability as much as anything has made it difficult to develop relationships. Not willing to say it’s paycheck related quite yet.

16. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,845

2-star whose other options were mid-to-low majors. Clearly Jay Wright should be fired.

17. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $641
    Nicely played NCJ.

knobcreekfan and DawgsMD like this.
  18. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,402
    I assure you that you are correct that KB won’t be off the court much, and I am confident that Battle will not start at the 2.

Battle is very toolsy, but he’s not a 5 star and that’s likely what would be required to move a junior pg who has started almost every game to bench.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843
    When AT goes to the bench, Kamar at the 1 and Battle at the 2. No one said AT wouldn't be the starter.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843