Big Hoss's "King Sized" Takeaways - UConn

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by BigHoss, Jan 9, 2021.

1. BigHoss

BigHoss Active Member

Money:
    $276
    1. SIZE!

I've been plenty hard on the Bryce Bro's so far this year. Perhaps too hard, some might say! I think the bigger problem is the type of "big" that we are bringing in. They are average at most things, but don't do anything great. If Golden could knock down a 3 from time to time he's be a really solid player - but that part of his game has completely evaporated. We MUST acquire more LENGTH at the position. I know LaVall loves "positionless" basketball, but after watching Seton Hall and UConn, it is CLEARLY a weakness, and will continue to be moving forward!

2. SHOOTING!

Where is it going to come from? I think Bolden has done an admirable job so far - maybe even exceeded expectations this year. But we need more - especially when your point guard, and best player doesn't have anything resembling a reliable 3-Point shot. In EACH recruiting class, I think it'd be worth it to identify and sign a guy who is similar to Ryan Cline at Purdue. Is that overkill? Maybe. I'm just a large man who wants his team to be a Basketball Powerhouse - what do I know? But it does wonders to an offense when you've got a dedicated guy who can knock down a 3 from anywhere, at anytime - and I don't know if we are recruiting anyone who can do that! Please address, ASAP!

That's all for now, folks. Thanks for your time, I look forward to mixing it up with you in the comments section!

-Big Hoss

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,909
    We were recruiting 2 shooting forwards, either of which, that perhaps could filled that role, but unfortunately both chose to attend elsewhere. BU does need to address this in the very near future. Most on the board appreciate perimeter shooting. Finding that missing element would be a premium item. Taylor and Thomas arrive next year and could help fill the void?

3. BigHoss

BigHoss Active Member

Money:
    $276
    That is my worry, Seadawg. There's no doubting the athletic ability in the incoming class - but will there be a reliable shooter on the roster? Is there anyone on the depth chart next year that is a consistent threat from deep?

I feel that we are HOPING that someone will turn into an excellent shooter, rather than recruiting a guy who is proven. The missing piece of the puzzle right now. Perhaps we dip in to the transfer portal?

4. GodawgsXsucks

GodawgsXsucks Member

Money:
    $147
    You’re an idiot

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. BigHoss

BigHoss Active Member

Money:
    $276
    Appreciate the feedback, "GodawgsXsucks". I always look up to you as a poster, who always has spot-on, rational takes. Can you pinpoint your disagreement with my synopsis? Would love to hear where you think we need to grow as a program.

2xDawg likes this.