Big Ten Commish Talks NIL Recruiting Concerns

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Blue Baller 00, Mar 25, 2022.

1. Blue Baller 00

Blue Baller 00 Active Member

Money:
    $285
    Big Ten Commissioner, Kevin Warren, was on CNBC on 3/25 and talks about the concern but lack of controls in place to prevent schools from using NIL compensation as a recruiting advantage…1:54 mark if you want to skip to it. Also talks gambling, his background, social topics, etc.

2. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,522
    Ain’t gonna hurt his schools.

3. Blue Baller 00

Money:
    $285
    Exactly! I wonder who’s going to be involved in lobbying Congress for standardization, especially since the SEC school states have been the first to really open it up

4. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,768
  5. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Well-Known Member

Money:
    $616
    My opinion on the NIL is that it's good, but not how it currently is. Right now it's going to recruits who haven't done **** and emphasizing a small amount of football and basketball players. I'd rather have schools or conferences set up a base for athletes and then guys who are already there can get the DJ U Dr. Pepper or the Bryce Young deal on top of it. Not recruits getting a one year 100k deal and then they're ****ed if they don't perform or some booster spends it all on their mistress. I love the idea of college athletes getting some compensation but I hate how it empowers boosters, the worst people in college sports.

6. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,522
    Big East likely buoyed by Paige Bueckers.

the_speakers_lab likes this.
  7. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,768
    These rankings don’t make sense to me. Big East with no football having more NIL than the SEC? I can’t imagine that’s true.

ButlerHomer likes this.
  8. Blue Baller 00

Money:
    $285
    UVA is getting their guys commercials…Kihei Clark for The Good Feet Store. Nothing says orthotics like a barbell marketing approach of a 22 yr old PG and 80 yr old retirees. Is this the similar marketing approach to marketing ED meds at college basketball tourney’s?

Haircuts, orthotics, nutrition supplements…I see them working! Whatever an 80 yr old needs a 22 yr old athlete also needs and can market to them. Genius! Also, churches, are you paying attention?!