Bo Hodges - 2021 Wing Transfer (Verbal)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by SnoopDawg, May 7, 2020.

1. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,693
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,605
    We're in on Bo Hodges from ETSU. Just entered the portal. 13 and 6 for a great team. Junior. So I'm guessing sit one play one. Unless he can get the credits to graduate.

3. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,511
    Gotta think Wake is the team to beat.

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,194
    They’re not mentioned here, though I guess that could be because interest should just be implied?

MilkSteak likes this.
  5. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $575
    So article said 25% free throw shooter. Appears to be misprint. Last year 50.2% on Field Goals, 25% on 3 pt. Field goals (under 1 attempt per game) and 66% from the line.

Looking at stat line assuming he would be a scoring option with ability to get to rim and maybe decent mid-range shooter. His size should allow him to be bigger than some other 2 guards in league and he might be able to have similar success scoring at High Major like he did at ETSU of over 12.0 a game.

Could be good fit for team ball and be 2nd or 3rd scoring option. Would be great if he could be eligible next year as I think we need another scoring option for next year ideally or our defense is going to have to be tough as nails or two of the five freshmen are going to average 20-22 points combined if we are going to win any games where we need to put 70 on the board to win.

6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,605
    He definitely can get buckets and play through contact...which is key in the big east (obv). I like his game though and could be a good compliment to what we will have this year or next. I always am in favor of big guards. Tate and Baldwin to me are my exceptions, but Baldwin played much bigger than 6'1" All the same I'd rather have a bigger back court. He's got some big time players after him, but this is one I'd love to hit on. Sit out or not.

codawg likes this.
  7. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,513
    I think they got his free throw percentage mixed up with his three point.

He'd be a nice addition, but the outside shooting worries me some, I think Butler needs to get a pure shooter in 2021--but that player could be acquired with another scholarship.

8. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,526
    I’d put Hodges ahead of of Eastern on the sit one play one list. Wouldn’t be opposed to either though.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

estar20dawg likes this.
  9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,194
  10. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $575
    Hodges has the following as his Top 5:

1)Tennessee State,
    2)East Tennessee State
    3Minnesota
    4)Arkansas
    5)Butler

SnoopDawg and cornette33 like this.
  11. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,517
    Interesting 5

tlp63 likes this.
  12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,717
    I really want Hodges. But it does seem like Butler rarely lands guys who do top X, top Y, etc. or some kind of reveal. And then the ones they land who do something like that are usually flops.

13. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,231
    UDDawg likes this.
  14. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,693
    I think the fact that we are on the final 5 of Bo Hodges should tell us something obvious about Tucker. The staff is still pursuing a transfer and we don't have a scholarship open unless Tucker is for sure gone. I wanted him back and I was optimistic that he might return, but it's becoming fairly obvious that he's gone.

SpartanDawgs and UDDawg like this.
  15. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,265
    I wish he was immediately eligible, but I really like that 30 - 4 record!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Well-Known Member

Money:
    $408
    Tucker is gone people. But on the other side, I’m hearing Hodges is really high on Butler, may very well be the choice, but he still has several other virtual visits and meetings after so we shall see. He is really the only guy out there as of right now that is a “take” for the staff

17. cornette33

Money:
    $1,517
  18. cornette33

Money:
    $1,517
  19. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Well-Known Member

Money:
    $408
    Staff feels pretty confident in Bo Hodges. What happened to your constant let it ride attitude “so the young pups can get playing time” ?

estar20dawg likes this.
  20. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,827