Bo Hodges - 2021 Wing Transfer (Verbal)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by SnoopDawg, May 7, 2020.

1. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,261
    Welcome aboard, Bo.

As far as when I hope he's eligible, I'm for right away. I realize that would get things out of kilter some, but that type of thing can be somewhat managed later on.

SnoopDawg likes this.
  2. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $972
    Yes, right away. Hopefully he gets a waiver.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  3. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    I’ve seen a few highlights from his games against Kansas and LSU. Good hell, I think the Dawgs got a good one. I’m going to watch both games in their entirety soon but I can’t help but be super excited!

DawgPoundMac, 2xDawg and willisbrown like this.
  4. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,526
    Just replying because I want to like this more than once. :) The man continues to bash the staff when he and pretty much everyone else on this board really have no idea. I think it’s time to trust the staff in the recruiting trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    Couldn't be more excited for Bo unless I heard he was playing next season. We haven't had a player who could legit hit his head on the rim in the history of our program.

I'm not worried about us having a young team in 2021-2022 because we still have a lot of open scholarships and there will ultimately be another grad transfer that we can land next offseason too. We absolutely need him next year and I really hope the NCAA allows it and the staff pulls it off. Teams are going to have nightmares scoring on us and I really don't care if we can't knock down threes. Our lineup next year will be so consistent defensively that we should be able to be in every game that we play.

If he's eligible I see our starters averaging:
    AT - 10-12 PPG
    JB - 9-12 PPG
    BH - 13-14 PPG
    BN - 7-9 PPG
    BG - 12-15 PPG

Our games are going to be won by the first team that gets to 60 and I'm okay with that.

willisbrown likes this.
  6. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $399
    Two of the three in the 2010 class alone could, allowing that actually matters for some reason

2xDawg likes this.
  7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,550
    why are you a d ick

SnoopDawg likes this.
  8. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,921
  9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,314
    I've said it earlier but he would fill out the lineup quite nicely. Whatever tall mountains to climb the staff and Hodges' family have, let's hope they have their hiking boots ready. The NCAA is dumb and a pain in the ass, but there's a case to made here...just got to get it done. Regardless, it's a very good signing, if they can wiggle him free for this season it's an absolute great signing. Man, you eliminate worrying about David/Hastings' health and throwing Scooby to the wolves.

We are positioned right now to probably finish 8th-10th in the big east. He gets a waiver, I think that ceiling becomes 4th-6th.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  10. SnoopDawg

Money:
    $1,648
    No, none of those players or players that we have had in the past have near the athleticism that Hodges has. Look at the videos of him just posterizing people. I'm not a name caller on the forums, but I'll agree with whoever called you a dick.

Find me some videos of Butler players dunking on other players. Bring some facts to your argument.

Did you watch the video that Lukas posted?

11. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $600
    I love the fact that he comes from a winning culture and a coach who demanded defense first

bmradio99 and SnoopDawg like this.
  12. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $399
    Ch
    Child....please

13. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $399
    Do you really need to see Marshall too?

That is ONE class.

14. SnoopDawg

Money:
    $1,648
    Touche, but I would love to see Hodges in a dunk mixtape alone in a gym with no defenders.

15. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,415
    I actually think the point is fair, to what end? What will it show you? Just enjoyment? Fair but then the one of Hopkins should also provide you enjoyment.

As far as basketball ability, I like him quite a bit better and think he’ll be a good fit. But I like Roosevelt Jones better and he wasn’t nearly as athletic.

Give me the guy who performs when the fans are in the seats. I’m optimistic Hodges will be that, but him getting his head ten feet off the ground isn’t why.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg and SnoopDawg like this.
  16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,619
    As a side note, Hodges was also a pretty decent QB at Maplewood HS.

17. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,501
    When would we find out if Bo submitted a waiver to play this season? I know there is speculation but when might that be final?

18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,314
    I got to think that he did as soon as Forbes left and he announced his intentions to make a move. It would be silly not to...question is will the ncaa do the right thing or refuse it. If you're going to leave somewhere, no matter, I think it would be silly not to file for a waiver. In this case, losing the guy that brought you in, it makes even more sense. Let's hope it becomes a thing.

dippper61 and cornette33 like this.
  19. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,415
    Wrong. Your new school applies for the waiver, not the player. It’s done through the compliance department.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Bulldogs260 and estar20dawg like this.
  20. dippper61

dippper61 Active Member

Money:
    $196
    I have no knowledge on this topic. But if the new school is the one who applies for the waiver and not the individual player this is just another example of how screwed up the NCAA really is.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen and GO_DAWGS! like this.