Bracketology

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Bulldawg, Jan 5, 2015.

1. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Nah, Oregon could have been the 1. :) Still, VERY good draw.

2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    What's the reasoning behind everyone loving our draw?

Texas tech is better than Colorado and USC, and arguably better than St Joe (the other 8 seeds).

We suck against slow teams. Virginia is the slowest team in hoops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    We are in an 8/9 match-up that we should be favored in and then will draw a #1 that had no business sniffing that line, so essentially in an 8/9 that draws a 2.

4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    To hell with what their seed should've been based on wins and losses, Virginia is a top 4 team in the country.

And TTech is still better than the other 8s, so I don't get what there is to be happy about I guess.

5. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,081
    I am very happy. :)

6. beentheredonethat

beentheredonethat New Member

Money:
    $5
  7. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    ?

8. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Not sure why it just took my post and put only the "?" mark in it...

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    You don't think so?

Massey, Sagarin, Kenpom, ESPN BPI...all have Virginia as a top 3 team, so regardless of whether the resume says they are a 1, they're good enough to be. Add on that they're a 1 seed that is a horrible match up in at least one important respect (tempo), and it actually appears to be a bad draw - not a good one. So I'm trying to figure out if there's something I'm missing (maybe there is I really don't know).

http://www.masseyratings.com/cb/compare.htm

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  10. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Evansville got snubbed by the NIT...ouch.

11. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $553
    No game in the tourney is easy. And both teams we play are really good. But we matchup well with both teams. No superstar, super quick PG, and no dominating big guy that we can't defend. Just two well-coached, sound defensive teams that slow the tempo.

If our good team shows up, we can be competitive.

12. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,957
    I'm happy we stayed out of the play in game. That was my biggest concern. So I'll take this. But I don't really like the draw outside of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    What is it you don't like about our drawing Texas Tech?

14. 740OHIOBulldog

740OHIOBulldog Active Member

Money:
    $1,445
    It's a great draw IMO!!! We will beat Texas Tech and then I really believe we have a chance against Virginia, before the tournament started I was hoping we would get in the 8-9 or 7-10 with Virginia the 1 or 2. I actually think Hampton will play with Virginia for an extended period of time.

15. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    Did anyone else hear Gottlieb say during the broadcast something to the effect of Virginia and Butler being a game without any offense? Butler is 19th in offensive efficiency and Virginia is 9th. It drives me nuts when people who get paid to know stuff about college basketball don't know stuff.

16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Yep I fell off the couch laughing. Gottlieb is a tool. For the life of me I can't figure out how he got his job or how he keeps it. Clueless.

17. troggy

troggy Active Member

Money:
    $596
    The Bracket Matrix posted their final numbers. Out of 144 brackets, only one had Tulsa in the field.

18. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Anyone doing a Pick'em this year?

19. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,241
    One of the the supposed conspiracy theories is Oklahoma's AD/President? was on the Selection Committee and is buddy buddy w/ Tulsa's AD/President. Also, find it hilarious that this year the Selection Committee was located in NYC, minutes away from CBS studios after years of being in Indy and of course this is the year the bracket leaks. I'm certainly not sad that it leaked one bit, but I do feel kinda sorry for the kids/teams who found out they didn't make it via a leaked tweet.

20. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    A bit off topic, but does it sound like Crean is dissing Nova/BE?

Q. Are you surprised with where you're seeded?

COACH CREAN: "The only thing I'm really excited about is I was smart enough to bring our Big Ten Championship trophy down to the room into the team room. I'm glad it was down there because we needed a quick visual reminder that we were a Big Ten champion. So I'll leave that for other people to talk about.

"But I'm proud of what this team has done. I don't think there is any question about that. Villanova went 8-1 on the road in their league. Okay, ourselves, Michigan State, Kansas, people like that, they win 6-3 on the road in their league. We've gone through a tough league, and I'm proud of the way these guys earned their championship.