Bracketology

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Bulldawg, Jan 5, 2015.

1. mizebl

mizebl Active Member

Money:
    $222
    How delusional is that guy to put his program on the same tier as Michigan State and Kansas. But its tournament time, wins on the court are what matter. If Villanova takes another early dive, he may have a point. Likewise, if Chattanooga pulls the upset on the school from down south.....

2. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,169
    Crean is a tool. He has been beyond the first weekend of the tournament three times in his career. Tom Izzo has been to the Final Four 3 times in the last 7 years. Bill Self has 1 title and another Final Four in the past 8 years. At this point, Crean would be lucky to be their bag boy. His team is the poster child of doing less with more.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Crean used to be Izzo's bag boy.

4. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,161
    Indiana was seeded where they were because they were able to take advantage of the unbalanced Big 10 schedule. Butler played more road conference games(4) against top 50 RPI teams than Indiana did(3). IU also played Michigan St, Maryland, & Purdue only once with 2 of those 3 games at home. They played bottom feeders Minnesota, Illinois, & Nebraska twice. Plus they played Iowa twice after they had completely gone in the tank. They also have bad losses to Penn St, UNLV, & Wake Forrest. Granted, the conference schedule is not Indiana's fault & they did play well down the stretch beating the teams they were supposed to beat but if you look at the big picture a 5 seed sounds about right to me.

5. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    IU was 17-0 at home and 8-7 away from home. As you said they didn't play MSU, Purdue or Maryland twice. Their away wins in the BIG were Rutgers, Nebraska, Minn, Michigan, Illinois and Iowa. Their other two wins away were St. John's and ND. Agree they are at best a five seed. Go Chatanooga!

6. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,525
    What do you mean "both teams we play"?

7. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,169
    Pretty sure he's already moved past the TT game and is talking about UVa.

8. xfan1989

xfan1989 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $512
    I don't like crean at all - but I think he's probably referencing the B10 and B12 being stronger than the Big East...no one here would/should disagree with that i'm sure.

I think IU did get disrespected in all honesty...I don't see how Purdue got a 4 over them or maryland a 5 with them.

That said Chattanooga will give them all they can handle and more. Chattanooga handled UD without their best player at UD - back when UD was playing really well too.

9. FightintheDawg

FightintheDawg New Member

Money:
    $9
    Xfan:

To be clear. Purdue got a 5 seed not a 4. I think Purdue probably got the snub the most. Ranked 12 in the country at the end of season. Probably should of been a 4.
    Big ten overall got a little jobbed on the seed line

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    I'm not convinced the BIG was that strong beyond MSU, Purdue, Maryland and IU. And I would rank them in that order. MSU should have been a number one seed. Purdue a 3-4, Maryland a 4-5 and IU a five. The BIG got 7 teams in with Michigan at a 11 seed which equates to the BIG having seven of the top fifty teams. I don't buy that they have 7 of the top fifty. The BIG out of conference record doesn't impress. There was a great deal of parity in the league which does not necessarily translate into being jobbed,

11. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493
    IU's schedule in the Big 10 was perfect for them. The regular season championship is kind of misleading because of the unbalanced scheduling and how much it favored IU. Anyone surprised that Crean doesn't get it? Seeding IU as a 5 means they fall in around 17 - 20 in overall power rankings. IMO, that certainly isn't disrespecting them. They sure as hell aren't any better than that. In fact, that may be about right, if not overly generous. So b-itch away Tommy. Away from Assembly Hall and on a neutral court, Kentucky will eat them alive, that is, if they survive Chattanooga. Hate Kentucky. But hate IU even more. Just think, next year will mark the 30th year anniversary (1987) of the last time IU won a national championship. I think they have had more players arrested over that time than the number or years. But in those 30 years, I can think of only two where they have been relevant as a national title contender, regardless of drivel coming out of Bloomington and in The Star. So go ahead and celebrate your once-relevant basketball program and wear those retro, ugly candy-ass striped warm-ups! I wouldn't be keeping them in moth balls waiting for the second weekend.

12. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,169
    Crean has been there for 8 years now including this season. It took him 4 (!) years to have a winning season. He has been to the dance 3 times and hasn't gotten past the Sweet 16 yet. This, with consistent Top 20 recruiting classes, sucks. Our fan base would be screaming bloody murder about results like that with that level of talent. He is the 21st century version of Digger Phelps.

13. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,709
  14. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,081
    This is bad news, indeed. Even if we beat ND, we will be facing Kansas in the next game. This is just a terrible seed. :(

15. DawgFan14

DawgFan14 Active Member

Money:
    $313
    I'd take it right now in a heart beat. I don't think we are in the tournament next year, so an 8 seed is good news to me. Especially considering we would most likely be 3rd in the Big East with that seed, which I don't see happening either.

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,049
    Would absolutely take an 8 seed right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,081
    I have no intention of watching us play Kansas in the second round. I will not take it ... I will hold out for a 5 or 6 seed.:mad:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  18. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $461
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

ESPN released a pre-season bracketology yesterday. Take it for what it's worth, but I was pleasantly surprised. Butler is a 9 seed and the Big East gets 6 teams in.

Notables:
    2 Villanova
    3 Xavier
    6 Creighton
    9 Butler
    10 Seton Hall
    11 Georgetown

19. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    1t. ACC: 60%