Bracketology

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Bulldawg, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    FRENCH DAWG likes this.
  2. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $371
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

3 seed! In the same bracket as Duke :) (Playing in Indianapolis)

If we win all our home games, beat Marquette/Depaul/Providence on the road, and end it with a win or two in the Big East Tourney. I'd say we be looking between a 2-4 seed. Pretty exciting. Worst case scenario, a 6-7 loss season.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,650
    Hurts we lost to SJ and ISU. Your Spartans are finally getting their act together.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  4. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,120
    Michigan State is showing some progress, but is still erratic and loses composure when the heat gets turned up. Izzo will get them in the tournament, but they aren't likely t go very deep - hopefully better than getting dumped in the first round last year, but not far. BU looks very solid and should make a very deep run come March, the composuer under fire of the Seniors is quite amazing to watch - ISU not withstanding

5. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $297
    I never would have thought they could be a 3 seed this year. Incredible.

6. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,781
    If, and I mean IF, they can get these next three, they could possibly set themselves up as a 2-seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,728
    I'd love a match up with Puke just so one of our guys could put Grayson Dipshit on his ass.

bumba and Tark43 like this.
  8. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    Honestly with our current resume and given our opportunities left within the league, even with two bad losses a 1 seed is not impossible if we do something crazy and only lose 2-3 more times

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,043
    Funny: TeamRankings currently has us with a higher probability to win the championship than to miss the tournament.

The chances are currently very very high that we will be a 2-5 seed. A two seed would be pretty damn awesome. A near freebie in the first round followed by a decent but very beatable team in the second. That'd be something.

My guess is we'll end up as a 4 because of our road struggles so far, but I also thought this was a 9-10 seed type team 2 months ago. What the hell do I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,781
    Don't tell MSU Dawg about freebie two seeds.

11. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $371
    Or SpartanDawg, Still a little Salty. Middle Tennessee was/is a great team and Izzo made a few mistake. But I just tell myself that Caleb Swanigan didn't make it past the first round either :)

MSUDawg likes this.
  12. pharmtard09

pharmtard09 Active Member

Money:
    $19

Crazy that we are 2 Kelan Martin half court heaves from being undefeated and looking at a #1 seed currently. Both our losses were bad, but we were right there. I think next week will really show how for real we are, but we need to get a W tomorrow for any of this to be relevant.

13. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,184

I have debated about responding here. And believe me, I would very much like to have a #1 seed (even in bracketology at any point in the season is cool to see). But I can't see us being a #1 even if we only lose 2 more games.

Regardless of how we feel about us, the BE and Butler aren't seen as "high profile" as the UK, UCLA, UNC type teams. I remember one year we finished the season ranked #8 overall and ended up with a 5 seed (kinda hard to explain). I know we were in the Horizon that year, but there shouldn't be that much disparity.

I think that a 3-5 is a realistic expectation. And actually would prefer the 3 (or a 6) to stay out of a #1 seed matchup in the 16. But whatever, you gotta play them all sometime.

I am enjoying the conversation and the excitement. Believe me, my boss gets mad at me for the time I spend reading on here (and other non-work activities). I am excited that this team has far exceeded my expectations. But I am also just enjoying the ride.

14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    I don't care what our seed is, I want nothing to do with UCLA, Kentucky, or Duke until we absolutely have to, I really would also prefer not to see Kansas, Oregon or Gonzaga either...

The difference this year compared to other years is because 'Nova won the title last year and is still a very, very, very good team and also with Creighton and the much hated Xavier to go along with our non-conference resume whether inflated or not how you see Zona, Utah, Cincy provided there is no major injury or slump at worst we'd be looking at a 4-5 with the probabilities on Kenpom and RPI, BPI more likely a 4.

Colin Taylor likes this.
  15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,728
    @butlernut-I've been making that argument you just did since the days of the old board, how I'd rather be a 6 than a 4 or 5...and the last couple times we've been that, we've lost to the 3 barely in the next round, so I'm going to stf up about it for now. We're a 5 or an 8, we get to sweet 16s and final fours...makes no sense at all. I still think (whispers) I'd rather a 6 than 5, but I'm never saying it again.

ButlerNut likes this.
  16. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,779
  17. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,650
    Being my usual cynic- They'll do it right until it comes to the big names and dollars.

18. troggy

troggy Active Member

Money:
    $596