Brad Stevens - Boston Celtics

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Bulldog Grit, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Bulldog Grit

Bulldog Grit New Member

Money:
    $6
    Seth Davis called Stevens the best coach in college basketball.

2. kac12568

kac12568 Active Member

Money:
    $3,932
    If only he could teach the kids how to shoot free throws.......UGH!

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,013
    If the Dawgs shot 70% last night and Clarke had played this game would not have been determined by a final shot.

4. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,626
    Give credit to Jones for his improved FT shooting. I stand by my prediction he will average 70% for conference games.

5. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,013
    Hope you are right on Jones free throws. Tough to shoot a floater standing still.

6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Norm Sanders ?@NormSanders
    Brad Stevens on Roosevelt Jones : When the lights go on and the score’s being kept, he’s as competitive as anybody I’ve ever coached."[hr]
    http://www.bnd.com/2013/01/30/2477294/big-shot-lifts-butler-favorite.html

7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,013
    One smart smart kid!

8. Dunham for 3

Dunham for 3 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Does anyone have a link of the weekly converasation of Brad Stevens on the Dan Dakich show? I always miss it, and I think there should be a link on this forum

9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,013
    Go to Victory Firelight's site.

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,013
    This is definitely cool!

11. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Active Member

Money:
    $4,064
    I think Brad definitely deserves his own former Bulldog thread. I'm interested to see how his second season in the NBA goes following a rough but somewhat surprising first season.

12. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Active Member

Money:
    $4,064
    Anyone paying attention to the NBA preseason, Brad and the Celtics posted a 5-3 record, which is a great improvement over last years 2-6 start. I know they're just preseason games, but I don't believe that Brad would coach any differently in those games as opposed to the regular season. Looking forward to a better season this year!

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/schedule/_/name/bos/boston-celtics

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  13. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    There is going to be a playoff spot open in the East, as the Pacers are bound for the lottery with PG down and Lance in Charlotte. Pacers have really done a poor job handling their Cap and paying players based on their talent and ability.

Boston could sneak into that 8th spot.

14. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,450
    Think the Pacers surprise some people this season. If PG can keep progressing he could be back for the playoffs.

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $700
    Celtics won tonight. I'm very interested to follow them this year for this reason-Marcus Smart. Brad Stevens absolutely got the best out of his players while at Butler and turned players like Mack and Hayward into stars. Marcus Smart is so talented...watching him grow under Stevens is going to be very intriguing. If he buys in, he'll be an all star in the NBA.

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,727
    @davidwade: NEW: #Celtics rookie Marcus Smart taken from the court on a stretcher with a bad ankle injury. He gave a thumbs up to the crowd.

17. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,297
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $700
    Very good news. The kid has a world of talent and just the right guy to make him a star.

19. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,626
  20. ButlerHomer

ButlerHomer Active Member

Money:
    $263
    I think all Butler fans know he won't be going back to college unless he has to. Does Coach Stevens want to deal with IU's crazed fanbase, boosters, and recruiting expectations? That's not the Stevens we know.