Brad Stevens - Boston Celtics

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Bulldog Grit, Jan 20, 2013.

1. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,713
    DWade is on his last leg (close to being even literally) -- old and injury prone. His presence in Cleveland wouldn't make any difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tentozen and MSUDawg like this.
  2. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,629
    I think the Celtics could take the Cavs in best of 7. But ya, noone is still beating the warriors.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,344
    Next Trade: Channing Frye on an expiring, Iman Shumpert, and Brooklyn's 1st rounder for Paul George (who's also on an expiring)... who says no?

4. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,613
    PG ain't signing anywhere except LA next offseason. And even if he were considering other teams, why would you want to join the Cavs when Lebron is about to bolt (again)?

5. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,613
    The Lakers will probably actually try and play some basketball for a change this year to avoid giving their pick to Boston but will still suck. They can beat up on the Suns all they want but the rest of the West will be a meat grinder.

I can't stand the Ball family circus (that's admittedly no fault of Lonzo). The Lakers and their fans are already the worst; they didn't need any help. I really, really hope they have to give their pick to Boston and Ainge flips it for a first and second round pick in 2023.

6. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,430
  7. lockebyproxy

lockebyproxy New Member

Money:
    $38
    Looks like a few Stevens went to the Butler/Providence women's soccer game in RI this weekend.

NCJon, shoeevv, Shimmy and 1 other person like this.
  8. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $515

Might be old. Looks like there is a part 1 too.

seadawg and #60 like this.
  9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,378
    These are incredible video interviews. Highly recommend watching the ones with both Brad and GenoAuriemma. Thanks SpartanDawgs for posting the above. Best stuff I've listened to in a long time. Clear why they are incredibly successful coaches and the rest of us aren't.

10. ButlerBorn

ButlerBorn New Member

Money:
    $14
    Insane Dawg likes this.
  11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,378
    The solos with Geno are outstanding too. You can see why he is probably the best college coach of all time.

12. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $123
    For lack of a better place to put this, Andrew Graves is now the ex-coach of South Alabama. Was there for
    5 years and his record was 65-96.

13. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,467
    You probably could have put it in the "Andrew Graves is out at South Alabama" ;)

14. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,724
    Or the "Matthew Graves is out at South Alabama" thread works too...
    ;)

15. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,467
    Yeah...coffee hadn't kicked in yet. Damn daylight savings time! :D

ButlerGoalie likes this.
  16. 4636Cornelius

4636Cornelius Member

Money:
    $79
  17. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $268
    Chills - "Stevens would often say he knew if a recruit was a fit for Butler based on his first visit to Hinkle. The wrong guy was looking for plush locker rooms like at other schools. The right one grabbed a ball and started shooting." Butler is Butler and I love it.
    If my Warriors can dig themselves out of the hole and make it back to the finals vs Boston, I will not be upset if Steven's leads the C's to victory. I'm amazed by what Boston has been able to do without Irving, and a bunch of young bucks and Hortford. I love Kerr, but his late game X & O's are nothing to Steven's.

bicknob and BHayden like this.
  18. ButlerNut

Money:
    $4,467
    Stevens did an amazing job at Boston this year with the hand he was dealt. It's a shame to see the season end this way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,613
    Sadly, I know many of you don't watch the NBA and even fewer are familiar with the memes and inside jokes associated with the off-the-court tomfoolery. There is an incredible series on youtube called Game of Zones that is a mashup of Game of Thrones, NBA twitter, and NBA reddit (InsaneDawg's head just spun right off his neck). The Greatest Basketball Coach in the World (formerly known as Brad Stevens) features prominently in this season's finale.

bwesson15, bicknob and #60 like this.
  20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,378
    Actually I watched some of the Rockets-GSW series, Celtics-Cave and the finals. I watched more than the previous ten years combined.Some of you guys rave about pro officiating. Frankly it was awful in all three series and clearly contributed to GSW beating the Rockets in game six.

It is remarkable that anyone can watch a full season of the NBA or pro baseball. The amount of life that has to be given up is astounding.