Brad Stevens - Boston Celtics

Discussion in 'Former Bulldogs' started by Bulldog Grit, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    Boston is showing they're a team that tries hard in the regular season (they're basically the only ones) and literally has no extra gears to turn to in the postseason.

The Horford signing was an abject disaster, and regardless of who they get in the draft and free agency, they're still going to be a team with nothing in the rebounding department.

2. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $519
    You must not watch much NBA if you think they are the only ones who try hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,355
    Maybe not the only ones, but top seeds don't usually play near 100% all the time. There is no reason to with the way the NBA is set up. Making the postseason for those teams is a sure thing.

Thibodeau basically got fired as the Bulls coach because he had them playing too hard and asked for too much of them during the regular season. The theory (that I'm not sure I agree with) was that they were exhausted come playoff time.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. Irishdawg

Money:
    $1
    Also, if this series continues the way it has for Boston so far, the honeymoon period for Brad is over.

5. Tentozen

Tentozen Active Member

Money:
    $519
    Not so much playing too hard, but running them into the ground by playing them excessive minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,199
    There is far more effort and intensity in these playoff games versus the 80 plus regular season games. These playoff games are interesting to watch.

7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,148
    Hopefully the ppl of Boston are more pissed at Danny Ainge (not making the trade for Jimmy Butler) than Brad...

8. Irishdawg

Money:
    $1
    With all that Chicago is rumored wanted for Butler (both Nets picks and players like Jae Crowder and Marcus Smart), I honestly can't blame Ainge for not pulling that trigger. They'll have cap space for someone like Hayward and they'll probably wind up with another guard to pair up with IT next season, so they should be better, but when a 1 seed looks so overmatched against an 8 seed, fans aren't going to be happy about it.

9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,199
    Brad just got a technical in the Wizards game! There has been seven total techs called , 2 disqualifications and one ejection. Great game!

10. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    This is primarily for those living under a rock...the Celtics are playing in the Eastern Conference Finals! Congrats to Brad and the team.

11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,199
    It's pretty much over for Brad and the Celtics.

12. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,863
    It's over for Brad and the Celtics. There, corrected that for you. You're welcome.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,199
    Thank you.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,888

Patriots practice

15. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $160
  16. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,863
    And that should pretty much slam the door on some of the delusional IU fans who were convinced Brad was waiting to bolt to Bloomington at his first opportunity.:rolleyes:

17. Irishdawg

Money:
    $1
    You'd like to think so, but sadly, when the Archie Miller coaching era ends, he'll undoubtedly be the first name that gets mentioned.

18. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,148
    Anyone want to say the NBA is boring and a 2 team league again this season?
    C's, Cavs, Bucks, Philly-League Pass Team, Wiz
    Dubs gotta go through Rockets, Lakers-League Pass Team, Thunder, Spurs, Suns-League Pass, T Wolves, Blazers, etc...

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  19. Irishdawg

Money:
    $1
    The NBA Offseason > NBA Playoffs > NBA Regular Season

Once the season gets going, barring major injuries to key people (i.e. Durant and Lebron), it's still a two team league in my opinion. The Celtics, even with all the moves they made, aren't beating the Cavs, and the Cavs still aren't beating the Warriors.

huss587 likes this.
  20. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
    I still think it will be Cleveland - Golden State in the Finals, but I think the ECF will be much better than it was this year.

Kyrie, Smart, Hayward, Brown, Horford >>>>>> IT, Smart, Bradley, Crowder, Horford

Of course, now there's serious talk that DWade will go to Cleveland at some point this season. So it could be a one-sided ECF again also.