Brad Stevens hired by Celtics

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by halftime_floor_sweeper, Jul 3, 2013.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    fyi....Boston on ESPN at 7 PM tonite.

Gerald Wallace and Jeff Green have been very outspoken as of late on the "selfishness and effort" of the team. Stevens responded to their comments with " Those two have been in the league for awhile, I am comfortable with them saying that if they see it.".

Brad is brilliant at developing player leadership and having players hold players accountable. Celtics are woefully deficient in the talent dept without Rondo, but with 9 first round picks in the next 4 years, they will be back. I haven't watched any Pro ball yet, but will tune in to catch Boston to see what's what with them.

My Pro team(Pacers) are going to beat the hell out of people this year IMO. They are LOADED. West and Scola as a PF tag team is just criminal.

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,445
    Zak Keefer ‏@zkeefer 47m
    How hard was July 3 for Brad Stevens? Wrote comments for press release & tried reading them aloud to wife Tracy. Then broke down in tears.

Stephen Gorchov ‏@StephenGorchov 1h
    Great work by @zkeefer of the @IndyStarSports with the story of Brad Stevens going from @ButlerMBB to the @celtics - http://www.indystar.com/section/exclusive07

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,398
    It was a wonderful article on Brad leaving. I would like to see something about what happened right afterwards.

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    That was great work by Zak.

The debate of when Barry knew can be put to rest. Based on that article, Brad kept Barry in the loop all 10 days of his negotiations with the Celtics.

6. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,398
    Which means Barry had ten days to think about a replacement and develop a plan. Somewhat related I understand Brad and Brandon talk frequently.

7. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,138
  8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,284
    Heading downtown to see Stevens' Celtics tonight at FedEx Forum. I'm interested to see the offensive sets they are running. Should be a blowout though as the Celtics are as bad as you can be at basketball right now.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Baxter Holmes ‏@BaxterHolmes 38m
    Final: Celtics 120, Magic 105. After losing 4 straight to open the season, the Celtics are now on a 4-game winning streak

10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,581
    And atop the Atlantic Division with Philadelphia. It's early, but...

11. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,677
    3 of their 4 wins have come against Orlando and Utah. The Miami win was very impressive however. Classic Stevens drawing up that final play.

12. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,303
  13. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,610
    1. Brad beats Oladipo tonight.
    2. Oladipo still makes his tongue-sticking-out face at least twice despite losing.

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Marc D'Amico ‏@Marc_DAmico 13 Nov
    Brad Stevens on missing Butler: "I miss the people... I don't miss any particulars of the (college) game."

15. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,870
    Or, "I don't miss recruiting."

16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,398
    Totally agree with you. Zeller never developed much at IU. Butler definitely would have gone deep last year with him. I think Bluiett made a similarly bad decision.

17. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,870
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think we would have had Rotnei. Without his outside shooting threat, it would have been more of the 2011 formula where defenses crowded the paint our offense would have been terrible.

18. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,303
    I think you're right about Rotnei. (And he's one of my favorite players--his one year contribution was immeasurable.) But I think Yogi would have followed Zeller to BU:) and I think Zeller would have played more of the 4, opening up the lane a bit (and showing how he could play that position at the next level.)

19. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,870
    Did we have an open spot for Yogi after Zeller theoretically would have signed? I don't remember. I thought Zeller would have been the final spot.

20. BUcheer

Money:
    $5,303
    Yogi was the following class.