Brad Stevens hired by Celtics

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by halftime_floor_sweeper, Jul 3, 2013.

1. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,119
    Duh, brain fart.

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,477
    Matt Glenesk ‏@MattGlenesk 1h
    Tonight, Brad Stevens faces his hometown #Pacers. He sure has come a long way since his @ZCSeagles days. pic.twitter.com/IrLejY4vC7

3. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,782
    Celtics play the Hawks tonight. Mack has seen the most minutes off the bench recently and has performed well of late. Should be a brutal game for C's, but will be fun to watch otherwise.

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
  6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,477
    After another IU implosion this evening:

Brandon Stauffer ‏@BDStauffer ·15m
    Brad Stevens, where are you? #iubb

Lock ‏@Lock_IU ·20m
    @BCCoachStevens we need you back home coach. #iubb

Steve Williams ‏@kwconchesq ·43m
    Please send your resume to Bloomington @bccoachstevens. The current employee at front of bench knows no X's or O's. #iubb #IU>Butler

Shane Ditty ‏@shaneditty ·43 mins
    Epic collapse IU. Terrible product out there on the court. Please @BCCoachStevens if you're out there & listening, we want YOU @ IU #iubb

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    IU is 4-7 in conference and could easily have been 2-9. Record isn't that much better than Butler's after a very easy non conference and their roster is laded compared to Butler's. Actually I don't know of any Indiana based school that will be in the Big Dance.

10. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Really down year for college hoops in the state - no one deserves to go dancing.

LOL @ at those IU clowns thinking Brad would go to IU.

11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,242
    Crean and BMill are about equally adept on when to use timeouts. Luckily for us, BMill still has time to gain some coaching court awareness. Unfortunately for us, BMill isn't pulling in the likely Mr. Basketball (helped due to IU bias) and a top 50 4* from VA

12. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493
    No one could take this team to the Dance, including Stevens. I have no doubt that a small consideration for Stevens taking the Celtics job was the returning BU roster. No, it wasn't a deciding factor, or maybe not in the top five. But it was certainly a consideration. Stevens dropped the ball on recruiting. Period.

How can anyone judge Miller at this point. These are not his players. These guys are not very good. Period. You see so many basketball fundamentals broken by this team. Someone in another thread asked "Where is Marshall?" Look up in the air for Kyle. He leaves his feet on defense with nearly every possession. Remember that grade school basketball mantra....NEVER LEAVE YOUR FEET ON DEFENSE. Miller uses 6-9 Woods to inbound the ball. Except, Woods is the worst passer on the team. He never heard pass the ball away from the defender. Watch him....see how many of his passes get deflected or stolen in a game.

Can't tell what's up with Dunham. Sure, he's forcing everything. Sad when he doesn't have any help. If you're getting challenged defensively, the best thing to do is challenge in return. Easier to take a defender playing you tight than one playing off of you. Except, Dunham doesn't have the handles to do that. He's still a spot up shooter.

Chrabacz is a bright spot. And Brown has potential. Berry could contribute, but he needs some bulk. At least he mixes it up, and boxes out. Something Woods could learn. Woods would be getting 12 - 15 rbs. a game if he boxes out, and wasn't caught directly under the basket on so many plays. Rebounds don't fall straight down, unfortunately.

I, too, have questioned some of Miller's decisions. And why hasn't he tried some other game plans. Same old, same old. But, I also don't think it matters much, not with this team. A whole lot of mediocrity here. Support the team the rest of this season. And hope for better things to come. I sure as hell don't blame Miller. At least not yet.

13. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    IU is going to look LM on the frontline next year if Vonleh goes Pro. Perea just got a DUI last night. Guys like Ruben Guerrero are being offered. At that platform? Kind of a joke if you ask me. Both IU and Purdue are kind of in disarray. Might be a good time for BMill to strike in 2015, if he can smooze a few recruits. Butler not exactly coming off a great season either though....these next 6-7 months are going to be huge for BMill.

14. BUCU

BUCU New Member

Money:
    $5
    IU fans are imploding this week and for the first time seem to be pointing fingers at Crean's inability to coach talent. The rest of us have known this for a while. The program progressed despite his coaching over the last few years rather than as a result of his coaching.

I agree that the next 6 months will set the tone for BMill and the program in ways that are more critical than in years past. It's hard to be under that much pressure but we have to get a very talented BIG and PG for this league-stating the obvious but it is CRITICAL.

We just cannot continue with non-traditional sized post players/5's. Not in the Big East. Being shut down under the basket is hard to watch when a game is on the line no matter how talented you are. Bad position to put a player in but, I suppose, we have always had guys playing out of position for their talent level or size.

I believe we will see good things coming from BMill on the coaching front. He is a good coach and with time will prove it to the naysayers. Decisions he makes at times are confusing but so were Stevens' on more than one occasion. Butler is a developing program at its core.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  15. ndfan1993

ndfan1993 Active Member

Money:
    $6
    Purdue with a beat 'em down today.

16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351

The damage Dakich did to Crean's longevity at IU.... during that telecast was impressive. I heard about 15 references that IU players had no clue what they were running on offense.

Getting Jay Wright out of the Big East would be nice, but having him recruit just to the South of us would be problematic. I think Crean is in trouble next season.

17. BUCU

BUCU New Member

Money:
    $5
    Yep. Going over to some IU Blogs now to see the reaction.

18. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
  19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,477
    So before the season would you have called the Celtics having a worse year than BU? Kind of interesting how bad they continue to be considering they have young guys who were top prospects coming out of college. Green, Bayless, Olynyk, Sullinger, etc.

20. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,780
    The Celtics weren't supposed to be good, especially when they were without Rondo. Most people thought Danny Ainge would be ok with them being as bad as possible so they could get a better draft pick. They've probably mildly exceeded expectations.