Brad Stevens hired by Celtics

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by halftime_floor_sweeper, Jul 3, 2013.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Baxter Holmes ‏@BaxterHolmes 12h
    Brad Stevens was arguing with official Marc Davis, who tossed him. Davis had just issued a T to Gerald Wallace

--------

For those of you who follow the NBA, you fully understand how incompetent an official Marc Davis is.

2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Gerald Wallace on his late technical foul: "I think (the referee) was frustrated because I was right and he was wrong."

Gerald Wallace on brad getting tossed: "I'm happy for him. Welcome to the NBA."

3. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,241
    They're preseason win total was 27.5 but again all the fans hope they competitively lose the rest of the way out. They have 25 games left and they have 19 wins so far. Everyone in Boston wants Jabari or Wiggins and they know losing is the only way they get them. And w/ the exception of Green who got the NCAA tourney Final 4 appearance bump, none of those other players were considered anything more than middle of the 1st round/late lotto at best prospects. Bayless is a SG who has to play PG bc he's too short. There were concerns about Olynyk's quickness and ability to defend and Sullinger is short and struggles to finish over length.

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351

5. MiniLaura

MiniLaura Member

Money:
    $7
  6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 5h
    Love fact Celtics coach Brad Stevens on my Southwest flight to Chicago for NBA combine - just a regular guy. No private plane, no 1st class.

-------

7. HoopcastTomich

HoopcastTomich Member

Money:
    $25
    Last edited: May 16, 2014
  8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Jeff Goodman @GoodmanESPN · Aug 31
    Uh oh. @CSNNE: #CelticsTalk Rajon Rondo reportedly has told the Celtics he wants out -

--------

It was only a matter of time before Rondo became the Jag that he is. Ainge planned for it though with the drafting of Marcus Smart. Be interesting to see what Rondo nets them. Pacers might be interested given how bad George Hill played late last season. Big problem with Rondo is he is a free agent in the summer of 15.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Title @Title_BU · Aug 31
    W/o Rondo, BOS will be bad too long for the current coaching staff to come through unscathed. Fingers start pointing after a couple of years

------

....and Title already has Brad fired there due to the malcontent Rondo wanting out. Flipside. Boston actually might have a net gain by trading him. Depends on what they get in return....

This is actually the part of Pro Ball I think Brad will cherish. Trading players. It has it's advantages over the 4 year scholarship....You can get "unstuck". With 13M in trading assets(Rondo's salary) Boston will get some assets in return.

10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    Stevens has five years left under his contract. If I were him I would want to get fired.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014