Brandon Miller Hired by Butler

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by pf1, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pf1

pf1 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Let's hope he's the #1 option.

2. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $749
    I don't see who else would be the #1 option.

3. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,885
    Guys, they aren't going to hand $2 million a year to someone without head coaching experience.

4. pf1

pf1 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Butler is kind of a dynamite first HC job. Awfully risky hiring him, but so was hiring Brad Stevens. Plus, he's lead recruiter on Bluiett.

5. pf1

pf1 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Who says they're paying the new coach $2 million per year? Brad made $1.2 million.

6. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $343
    I'd go with Jordan for sure. Christ, this sucks.

7. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    I think it has to be a former player or someone with extensive knowledge of the program. Jordan and Miller are my Top 2.

8. halftime_floor_sweeper

Money:
    $3,885
    He was making 1.2 without the Big East TV revenue.

9. pf1

pf1 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Good point.

Anyway, I'm sure they could get LaVall for cheaper than what they were paying Brad

10. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,961
    I'd sign it.

11. pf1

pf1 New Member

Money:
    $5
    I don't think it's impossible to that our chances at Bluiett go up if we hire LaVall.

12. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493
    Not bitter about Stevens.....he had to take the $$$$$. But, I just don't see him as a pro coach. Shocker. At least he doesn't have to worry about recruiting any longer. Let's be honest, he wasn't great at it. Yeah, he's pretty laid back, but...... And let's be honest, Butler made Brad, not the other way around. After the initial shock sets in, we'll be fine. Probably the 2014 recruiting class just hit the ****ter though, which it appeared it was headed anyway. Now, I want LaVall or Brandon, and I'd be happy. Collier also needs to move on a replacement pretty quickly. Who knows, if it's LaVall, it may enhance our seemingly dimming chances with Blueitt. Who else would you even consider? You need a Butler guy, and who better than LaVall or Brandon?

13. pf1

pf1 New Member

Money:
    $5
    "Before joining the Wolverine program, Jordan spent three years at Iowa (2007-10) as an assistant coach under former Hawkeye head coach Todd Lickliter. Prior to his arrival at Iowa, Jordan spent four years coaching at his alma mater, Butler (2003-07), as an assistant coach for three seasons (2004-07) and as the coordinator of basketball operations for one season (2003-04)."

That's 9 years as an assistant coach, 6 at a high major program. Brad was an assistant for 6, with no experience at a high major program.

"Jordan will be one of U-M's top recruiters and coach the Maize and Blue backcourt players [edit by me: the national player of the year, Trey Burke], while continuing to help in the development of defensive strategies, scouting opponents and on-court coaching."

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/lavall_jordan_689685.html

14. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,119
    I don't think you go to Brandon Miller here.

It's Lavall Jordan or a non-Butler guy.

15. halftime_floor_sweeper

Money:
    $3,885
    I don't have a problem with Lavall, but I think there will be a huge amount of interest. We could wind-up with a really good coach.

16. pf1

pf1 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Agree. Would love to keep him on staff, though.

Keep in mind, Brandon has 4 years experience as an assistant compared to 9 for LaVall. One at Butler and 3 at OSU under Thad. He then quit coaching altogether. Then, he came back as a special assistant at Illinois, which is not the same thing as an assistant coach.

LaVall far more qualified.

17. pf1

pf1 New Member

Money:
    $5
    Barry Collier recruited LaVall Jordan as a player and coached him for 2 years. #thejordanrules

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Very good point. I would be very happy with Lavall. Incredibly good guy. I think he would jump at the opportunity. Alot of coaches are going to be interested in this Gig though. Going to be a wild next 72 hours. IMO they will have a coach in place by Monday.

19. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    I support this thread 100%.

20. pf1

pf1 New Member

Money:
    $5
    This is an awesome first-time head coaching job. We have a lot of leverage for once!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.