Brandon Newman - 2019 Shooting Guard (Purdue)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by bd5, Oct 15, 2017.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,349
    Agree, sometimes it felt like desperation after we missed on somebody. Boltmann was late to the party with guys who were heavily recruited like Xavier Simpson & Tim Finke. Newman has HM offers from B1G schools already so don't know why it took so long if they are really interested.

2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,789
    A standard courtesy offer?

bumba likes this.
  3. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $982

Transferring to Montverde

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. bumba

Money:
    $5,349

5. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,575
    Same date as Armaan Franklin’s OV... football home opener, nite game vs Northwestern...

6. codawg

codawg Member

Money:
    $92
  7. codawg

codawg Member

Money:
    $92
  8. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,310
  9. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $142

bumba likes this.
  10. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,575
    allegedly came down to Purdue and Xavier...

11. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,196

12. bumba

Money:
    $5,349
    Newman, Gillis & Thompson? That's a solid class of homegrown ballers for Painter. The Crossroads Classic is going to be fun for years to come.

13. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Active Member

Money:
    $729
    2019 could be a banner class for the state...7 kids ranked 4* or higher and I think all 7 will be able to contribute in some capacity while on their respective campuses. Plus, there's a chance all 7 could end up playing in-state as well (Brooks might be the only holdout).

WestLoopDog likes this.
  14. BoilerBulldog

BoilerBulldog Member

Money:
    $95
    Did you guys see this article in the Star? I’m curious about his mom’s comment. Did LJ back off after the Battle commitment? I’m trying to remember the timing.

From the Star:

As with the Montverde decision, Charmagne Newman left her son’s college choice up to him. She was impressed with several of his strongest suitors, including Indiana, Xavier and Ohio State, but one runner-up stood out.

“You know who I really liked? Butler,” she says. “Butler really won my heart over. It was between those two, but Butler never came back and pursued. Purdue was really pursuing him. They never let off.”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,126
    Yea, I never really understood why we didn't go after him more. This guy is an absolute beast and he's having a monster year averaging just under 30 10 rebs 7 assts a game all the while getting double and triple teamed. Athletically, super impressive he will be a shut down defender and above average offensive player

BoilerBulldog likes this.
  16. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,571
    I heard from a reliable source that Brandon always wanted Purdue. IIRC, he was not highly regarded when Butler was checking in with him at the beginning of summer. But by end of summer, he blew up. I cant recall the timing of Battle's commitment and how, if at all, that effected Newman. Will be following him at purdue

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. Ster8462

Ster8462 Member

Money:
    $116
    I believe Battle commited in May, which I assume took us out of the need to get Newman or any other guard.

18. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $14,736
    It kind of felt like it was Franklin or Battle as the two main targets, and if it ever felt like neither of those were coming then I expect things would have picked up a ton with Newman.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BoilerBulldog likes this.