Brendan Hausen - 2022 Guard (Villanova)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Lukas Harkins, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,279
  2. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,279
    I wrote about Brendan Hausen as someone likely to get to campus this summer and potentially receive an offer. According to 247Sports, he will be taking that visit over the summer. Sharpshooting guard out of Texas. I haven't seen as much of him as some of the guys in the Midwest but what have seen makes him one of my favorites in the class that BU has been linked to publicly or not. I think he'd be a great roster fit and I'm pretty sure he's been a priority for a long time.

https://247sports.com/Article/Minne...endan-Hausen-Ben-Johnson-Minnesota-165593413/

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    DawgPoundMac and willisbrown like this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,165
    Pretty good offer list according to his 24/7 page. But I like a taller G/sharp shooter. Glad to see he's coming on campus.

4. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,279
    He's a 6'4" to 6'5" two-guard that can let it fly and be a solid secondary creator. He has almost the prototype size for the college "2" spot. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we see an offer here.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    SnoopDawg, DawgPoundMac and 2xDawg like this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,165
    An offer would make me very, very happy. Having the skillzzzzz to both launch and somewhat create at that size is something we haven't had since..........Jesus, forever. Mack Daddy maybe? Savage and Woodson kinda.

formz42 and BulldogsFTW like this.
  6. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $534
    Another 2022 Offer. Brendan Hausen - 6'5 guard from TX. High school teammate of the big man offer from yesterday.

Seems like LJ is really targeting a lights out shooter at the guard spot. Will be interesting to see if he can get any of them to pull the trigger before the July period or if the recruits are going to take it slow due to the covid recruiting effect.

EDIT: Also props to LJ for finally hosting an elite camp, something a lot of fans have been clamoring for for years. I think it will pay dividends.

jkcdawgs, znelson15, seadawg and 4 others like this.
  7. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,623
    Just getting this thread up and running. Shoutout to @thebulldogs for being the first to post.

Hausen is high school teammates with Hornecker.

Jared Grubbs and DawgPoundMac like this.
  8. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,279
    I thought this offer would come after his first trip to campus; no surprise it came after playing well this weekend. Glad he, Hornecker, and Woods were able to make the trip up. The "Amarillo Trio" has been on Butler's radar for several months. Really like Hausen's game (more on that in my takeaways from the weekend), and I am chatting with him tomorrow about the offer.

9. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,508
    Definitely has range

znelson15 likes this.
  10. thebulldogs

Money:
    $534
    Received offers from Oregon and Villanova so unfortunately this one is probably time for the archives.

It is pretty damn clear LJ identifies top notch talent shortly before they blow up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

znelson15, estar20dawg and 2xDawg like this.
  11. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,725
    We beat these types of teams on the floor, I don't see any reason not to expect to occasionally beat them off the court!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.
  12. thebulldogs

Money:
    $534
  13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,448
    Well fiddle sticks.

14. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,279
    This isn't surprising and I don't think it means much about Butler's status in the recruitment. All of the quotes are about the teams that just offered - presumably those are the only teams he was asked about. As far as the visits go, I understand Butler not being on his priority list because he's already been to campus and toured. He came at least a day early to camp so he used the weekend as an unofficial and then played on Sunday. This doesn't change my opinion all that much on there being mutual interest here. Villanova entering the mix, though...that's a different problem.

znelson15 and 2xDawg like this.
  15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,643

16. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,124
  17. thebulldogs

Money:
    $534
  18. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,736
    Don't worry. It's still the preseason. There's still time to up your link posting game... I believe in you

[​IMG]

NCJon and UDDawg like this.
  19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,643

This kid might blow up beyond even Nova. That's a tough list.

20. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,924
    Eh, Nova has two national titles in the last 5 years. They are a better program and more prestigious than anyone other than: Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky and maybe MSU under Izzo.

Nova shouldn’t be losing recruits to Oklahoma, Texas, Oregon or TTU.