Brunk to transfer.

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Mar 27, 2019.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,016
    You can’t be referring to my post?

2. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $787
    Not sure how you can be a stretch big, when you don't have a jumpshot.

willisbrown likes this.
  3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,400
    It reflects much on the character of the poster .

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,013
    He and his crew sure like taking the subtle shots at this program and staff on their way out the door.

5. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,386
    I'm not surprised by this, and honestly, there's a non-zero chance he's right. Perhaps he was being mis/under-utilized at Butler. He certainly feels that way. I think the chances that he kinda continues the same trajectory - serviceable D-1 big man, but not great - is the most likely scenario here.

NCJon likes this.
  6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    The thing is that I don’t feel he was utilized as a back to the basket center offensively. In certain instances yes, but there was no shortage of p&r and face up situations for him.

So I have to ask myself what is he actually saying? Fair or not, I have to conclude Joey is just saying he doesn’t want to play a physical brand of basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,013
    I think he's saying he doesn't want to play basketball for Butler. He's passive aggressively taking shots because the simple reality is, he hasn't wanted to be here, decided he really didn't want to be here, dogged it down the stretch, now is masking reasons why he is leaving. He'll get more run with a bigger lineup, sure. But he would have had that this year at Butler. So, that's a lamey lame o right there.

8. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    I will say that his explanation in the Indy Star for why he left was the biggest bunch of crap I’ve ever seen.

“Bet on myself”???

No one was counting you out, dude.

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,816
    The only way I can figure to interpret that is that he took it as an insult to his game that he played only 18 minutes and averaged only 7 and 3 per game and that he bets in a different system with different coaching he can do more/play more.

The reality is 18 minutes per game was by any objective measure more time on the court than his play warranted. And that’s not sour grapes on his leaving. I said that in January and February and March.

Brunk starred for the state’s marquee high school team in 2016 and was recruited by the top of the Big Ten. Nate Fowler was a completely disregarded basketball recruit. The fact that Nate played more and simply performed better likely didn’t sit well, and human nature is unfortunately to cast blame on your environment before yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    I think that’s a pretty reasonable guess. Without thoroughly researching I don’t feel like 18 mpg is too abnormal for a 5 guy though. I bet it’s pretty unusual for one guy to play more than 25 mpg there.

I just think his lens on this is pretty skewed. (And that’s ok)

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,400
    I still believe in time we will learn whether it was talent and utilization or coaching and system.

12. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $574
    I don’t think that’s fair. Brunk was getting his first run of playing time last season. It’s not unreasonable to assume he’ll get better, regardless of coaching. So if he averages 14 and 8 in two years, everyone will say LaVall sucks. Of course a guy will be better as a senior than he was as a sophomore.

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,165
    Please don't get this started again. Fowler couldn't beat low major kids in a half court 3-on-3 game. He was awful and I would have been pissed sitting on the bench behind him too.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,165
    Brunk made huge year over year strides last season. Fowler hit his ceiling his senior year at Moeller. We lost a 4 star 5 because we complained that he couldn't defend the 4 & 5 at the same time because Tucker stunk on defense. This will be a noticeable loss.

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,165
    He's too slow to play the 4. He would be dominant in the paint if TJD starts along side of him. It's a good win for them, but time for us to move on.

16. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,589
    Brunk played more than Nate lol

17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,513
    “Time for us to move on,” says someone who can’t stop bashing a guy who’s graduated.

fdr and dawgs2014 like this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,165
    I'm ready for this whole conversation to be over yet we're up to 25 pages now. I have posted in this thread in some time. Please make it end.

NCJon likes this.
  19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,816
    (Pssssst...Who’s going to tell him a low major team won the whole tournament?)

(...and that 3 on 3 half court basketball with little to no offense or defense strategy may not translate that well to organized 5 on 5 full court hoops?)

Bulletproof logic as usual Mr Bumba.

20. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,071
    The CAA is pretty solidly mid-major.