Bryant McIntosh - 2014 Guard (Northwestern)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 21, 2011.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $19,649
    [align=center]Bryant McIntosh
    2014 Shooting Guard - 6'3" 160 lbs
    Greensburg High School - Greensburg, Indiana

[​IMG]

ESPN Profile (79)
    Scout Profile
    Rivals Profile

[/align]

[align=center]Offers: Indiana State and Kent State [/align]

[align=center]Reopened recruitment from ISU on 7/8/13.[/align]

2. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $19,649
    RE: Bryant McIntosh - 2013 Guard

McIntosh plays on the same Eric Gordon AAU team as Sellers, Coleman, and Poindexter that was watched closely by Stevens this summer. McIntosh visited Butler last year and has confirmed that he still has interest in Butler. I'd love to land a few of these EG players.

3. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $19,649
    RE: Bryant McIntosh - 2014 Guard

ITH Indiana 2014 Rankings

4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $19,649
    RE: Bryant McIntosh - 2013 Guard

5. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $19,649

Just copying some posts over from the Seller's thread

6. dawgsrock

dawgsrock Member

Money:
    $15

http://indianarecruitingguide.com/game-reports/connersville-vs-greensburg/

Bryant McIntosh is the real deal. I was very impressed with the way he handled the ball and he showcased some very good quickness and athleticism as well. McIntosh is also a very good shooter from the perimeter. He takes the ball to the basket very well and has good body control around the rim. Tonight, I thought that he actually struggled a little bit because he was just missing some shots around the basket that he would normally make, just wasn’t getting the rolls. He had a “quiet” 20 points in my opinion. Very impressive game.

Greensburg beat Connersville 62-53.

7. bh13

bh13 New Member

Money:
    $5

Is Butler still recruiting McIntosh?

8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $19,649

An I reading this right? #50? I've been higher on him than most and even I am shocked at that.

9. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $275

I just logged in to mention that. What surprised me more though is that they aren't any other Butler targets on that list I at least expected Bluiett to be on it.

10. hoops44

hoops44 Guest

Yes and surprised Sellers isn't either. Just one person's opinion I guess.

11. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $19,649

Looking at the grades I'm guessing this is just out of guys they ranked. His grade is actually about right in my opinion.

12. hoops44

hoops44 Guest

Where do you grade Sellers then? He led Greensburg in scoring, rebounding, steals, led the conference in free throw shooting, led his team in free throw shooting, was second in the state in free throw shooting, led his team in field goal percentage and 3 point shooting. So really where is Sellers in all of this expert evaluation? He is also over 6'6 and is still growing doubt that McIntosh see another inch. Just really curious where is he?????

13. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $468

They have him "graded" at 77.

What he meant is that the ratings are BS after the first 30 or so, because there just isnt enough content in their database for the class.

They'll update with more reasonable numbers as the see players in July and after.

I wouldn't guess Sellers is graded higher than 87-89, however.

I'd imagine McIntosh will settle in the 82-84 area.

14. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $19,649

Well, he was an 87, not a 77, but I didn't realize they completely redid their grading schedule. 90s used to be high major, 80s mid major, and 70s low major. Now 80+ is major, 60-80 is mid major, and 50s is low major. I've got to adjust to this now. And I have a ton of profiles/charts to edit. Oh joy.

15. hoops44

hoops44 Guest

And please explain why you would grade Sellers lower than McIntosh. Not even close in athletic ability. Have you been to any games either high school or AAU? Sellers gets way more done on his attempts than McIntosh. Typically McIntosh will get twice as many shots than Sellers. Sellers outscored McIntosh by 40 pts on the season and he had over 60 more shots. Let Sellers see that many extra shots and see what happens. I don't get why so many put down his athletic ability. He has scored in the 20's more than any other kid on the EG team and is usually the leading rebounder. Also the best free throw shooter. Apparently this means nothing.

16. jcss2477

jcss2477 New Member

Money:
    $5

Don't think its a knock on Sellers, its just one analysts opinion on these kids. McIntosh is a player and so is Sellers. I think he deserves his ranking. I also believe that both guys are top 100 type kids. The EG team has another one in Logwood. They all are high level guys, think all will be players at the D1 level.

17. Gimme yo watch

Gimme yo watch New Member

Money:
    $5

Hoops44,

Are you a Sellers relative? No problem if so, but you bristle a lot when there's anything adverse said. You also post nearly every game Sellers has been a part of, and almost every single stat from all of those games. No knock whatsoever, and I'd love to have the kid. Just curious.

18. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $19,649

Who is this directed at? I think most people here would prefer Sellers of the two.

19. hoops44

hoops44 Guest

No I'm not a relative but a good friend and yes admittedly biased. Just want to see the kid get his do because he works his tail off. Apologize for being biased. Will try to be more "unbiased" Do greatly appreciate the opinions though.

20. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,124

Don't worry about being biased. Glad to have the insight. And trust me, every person on this board thinks very highly of him. I personally have been hoping he commits to Butler for the past year or so. He'd be a great addition.