Bryant McIntosh - 2014 Guard (Northwestern)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 21, 2011.

1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,763
    Premium Hoopers ‏@Premium_Hoopers
    Bryant McIntosh (Greensburg HS, IN) has picked up another offer. This one coming from #Northwestern

2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Verbal Commits‏@VerbalCommits8h
    2014 Greensburg (IN) G Bryant McIntosh has received an offer from Creighton

3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Alex Kline‏@TheRecruitScoop13 Jul
    2014 Eric Gordon All-Stars (IN) duo Sam Logwood & Bryant McIntosh will make an official visit to Auburn on August 31st, per a source

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Jeff Rabjohns‏@JeffRabjohns11m
    2014 G Bryant McIntosh offers from Northwestern, Creighton; contact from Purdue, Iowa, Wake Forest, Xavier, St Louis this weekend

------------

Really good player, but I just don't see Butler going after him. Archives again?

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Jeff Rabjohns‏@JeffRabjohns1m
    2014 G Bryant McIntosh new offers this weekend from Missouri, N'western, Marquette, Dayton, Creighton, per his father

6. oldstyle1908

oldstyle1908 Active Member

Money:
    $2,983
    Why would they not offer him?

7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Just think they are after other guards. Mitchell, Macura, Tejada etc....I thought McIntosh struggled some vs Milw Rebels. The knock on him is his lateral quickness on defense. Milw had some ultra quick guards. He only scored 8 pts in that game.

8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,625
    Memphis offered this weekend.

9. Stevexjet

Stevexjet New Member

Money:
    $8
    I happen to be a Butler fan from Greensburg. This has given me ample time to see Bryant play over the past two years.

The odd thing with this kid is the total is more than the sum of his parts. He doesn't get shaken in a tough situation and tends to strive under pressure. Other than a few poor plays during this years state championship game, he mistakes are so rare they and notable.

If anyone got a chance to see the Greenfield Jr All-Star game it was Bryant that was rotated to the starting five during crunch time to win that game. Don't read that he was the best player on the floor but he was the glue that pushed the team to a win. For the record I think he was the 5th or 6th best player off the two squads.

Leaders lead and encourage. To see him in Trey Lyles ear during that game tells you much of what you need to know about the kid. If we would be lucky enough to get Trey I'll bet he would be happy to be on the court with Bryant.

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    FiveStarRecruits‏@5StarRecruits8m
    2014 G Bryant McIntosh (@BryantMac30) has received an offer from Xavier, per @NDkendrick

11. HoopsFan

HoopsFan New Member

Money:
    $15
    McIntosh had little trouble with Louisville recruit Quin Snyder outscoring him 18-6.

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    I agree with Title that we are not recruiting McIntosh. The Bennett situation probably plays a part in it, but I think more of it is how McIntosh can play defense from the point guard spot. I think Butler is looking for a lead guard that can A. Handle the ball vs pressure B. Apply pressure defense.

To me McIntosh seems like a shooting guard that will have to play Point Guard in college. I think he is a good player and will help someone. I just don't think that is going to be us.

13. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $623
    Probably not, no. (Remember about 1.5 per team transfers/year) I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Thompson show up if the transfer list as your last summer's crush did - Chris Harrison-Docks.

You remember having these same discussions last year, right?

I'm sure someone could dig them up for you.

14. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,247
    So we're not going to recruit and offer a kid a scholarship bc of a walk-on we have on our roster? (oh and it's not even Barlow?!?!?)

My goodness, our scholarship offering frugality is worse than I thought....

15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    HoopsFan.....thanks for the info. McIntosh will do fine at the D1 level. I was hoping he would hold his committ to Greg Lansing. With Creighton gone from the MVC, ISU has a real chance to be a top force there. Best of Luck to him wherever he lands. Except Xavier. If he lands there, he's the enemy the next 4 years...lol

16. HoopsFan

HoopsFan New Member

Money:
    $15
    If I were a betting man........

17. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,247
    Apparently the kid is getting a Purdue offer during his upcoming visit....

http://purdue.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1525284

It's really weird though because all the Purdue experts don't think he'll end up going there. I honestly don't understand Purdue's recruiting strategy right now. They're all in on Vince Edwards to play as a stretch 4 but after that it gets hazy. They need a big to replace Hammons after he goes pro but they seem to be shuffling their feet. They also appear to be going after PG's McIntosh, Macura, Ulis, and Thompson (no offer though) even though they have Ronnie Johnson (still bitter) and Bryson Scott. They also think they're a dark horse for Bluiett. However, they are already on the board with Mathias, who appears to be a pretty good shooter.

18. HoopsFan

HoopsFan New Member

Money:
    $15
    Bryson Scott can not play the point. They still don't have someone to back up Ronnie. Mathias is more of a 3.

McIntosh just doesn't seem like he's Purdue kind of player. He's too finesse for their rugged and rough style of play.

I think when it's all said and done he ends up at Xavier. It's only an hour from Greensburg and a Big East school.

19. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,159
    Appears this kid is a real shooter. Funny, that's how Butler built their program. Not great athletes, but guys who could shoot lights out, were smart and played smart, few turnovers, great passers, solid but not great defenders. Sounds like a McIntosh. Shooting skills seemed to be not so high on Stevens list of skills for recruits. I always believed that having three or maybe four guys who could fill it up wasn't such a bad thing to have. It appears this kid isn't one-dimensional. Not sure what we're going to end up with, but, this kid may not be a bad get. Not offering because of a "walk-on" situation is ridiculous, if that is the case.

20. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,193