Bryant McIntosh - 2014 Guard (Northwestern)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 21, 2011.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,115
    Right, so why the hell are still wasting time talking about this dude?

2. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,384
    I like to know where kids we recruited end up and revisiting them to see how things shake out. But, there's been no evidence that we've even talked to him after he re-opened his recruitment, so yeah, no real point here.

3. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $641
    Because people would like to avert their focus from the abyss.

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    You are back!

5. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $641
    Back? I wasn't aware I went anywhere. There is nothing vaguely interesting to discuss with this moribund program.

6. thornbed

thornbed New Member

Money:
    $5
    I'm probably feeding the beast, but since we're busting out the dictionary...

ex·ag·ger·a·tion
    igˌzajəˈrāSHən/
    noun
    1.a statement that represents something as better or worse than it really is.

This I infecting yet another thread, sorry. Everyone is in agreement that Butler doesn't have much momentum recruiting wise and may not be great on the court for a few years. So be it. People can still be optimistic and fans. Hell, I don't care if people are critical of the recruiting, skills, coaching selection, etc. That at least starts a discussion even if it ruffles some feathers. Can you please stop with this crap though? I just cannot understand the purpose of calling a program MORIBUND a year after if went to the NCAA tournament and 2 seasons removed from back to back final fours. We get it, Butler may suck for the rest of eternity. You could be right. But screaming the same thing louder isn't going to make people start "believing" any more than you'd believe them saying Butler was going to win the championship next year.

It reminds me of the person quoting bible verses on a college campus yelling at students about being sinners and going to hell. They could be right in the end, but it just annoys the bejesus out of people and serves no purpose.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  7. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $641
    I'm well aware of the definition of the word that I chose. This isn't a revelation, it's been heading this way for quite a while.

People do understand the implication of adding what would be an average Horizon League class in the Big East to a roster that's already on the bottom of the conference, right?

This becomes something not temporary -- moribund.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  8. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839
    How about you stop posting then?

9. gutshot

gutshot New Member

Money:
    $5

Just another example of your lunacy.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2013
  10. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $439
    Northwestern bound.

11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,823
    Northwestern bound.

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Good school and choice.

13. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Part of me thinks this kid really should have just stayed committed to Indiana State and Greg Lansing. Yes, he played much better this AAU season and elevated himself, but I also watched him struggle mightily with elite level quickness from the likes of Damontrae Jefferson of Milw Runnin Rebels. McIntosh will see numerous guards with that type of quickness in the B10. Being a top dog at ISU and in the Mo Valley has it's advantages. With Creighton gone ISU has a chance to be a top program in that league. Lansing is a very good coach too. I know all players want to go to the highest level they can play but sometimes that isn't always the best thing. Northwestern has an uphill battle. No guarantees they will ever see a NCAA tourney game in his 4 years.

15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Perhaps but getting an all expense paid vacation at Northwestern is hard to beat.

16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  17. Bulldog Grit

Bulldog Grit New Member

Money:
    $6
    Anyone wishing McIntosh wore Blue yesterday?

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Not really. He's a D1 guard though. Aldridge played 2 minutes yesterday and gave up 2 buckets to McIntosh. Take those out and he's 4-13 from the field. He wouldn't play in front of Barlow , Jones or Dunham and Lewis is a better facilitator down the road. Cumberland is a better guard too IMO. I still think he should have kept his committment to Greg Lansing. They recruited him for a long time. I hated to see how that unfolded.....

19. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Whatever modest value he would add skill wise would be more than offset by the message sent by "we don't care about current players feelings."

20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    He was actually 4-11against Jones and 5 assists. Not great percentage (0-3 from three) but he burned Jones on several occasions with his quickness. I was somewhat surprised Holtmann didn't put Barlow on him. I was impressed with McIntosh.