Bryant McIntosh - 2014 Guard (Northwestern)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Aug 21, 2011.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    I wrote 4-13 cause IMO he wouldn't have scored those two "easy" hoops vs Rose. Chris pulled Jacko pretty quick after that second gimme.

Would I take McIntosh over McDermott? Probably. Would I take Cline over McDermott? Definitely.

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,919
    Not to argue but he burned Jones on at least two occasions that I remember. Not saying Aldridge didn't stop him ( he was pulled quickly) but Jones didn't either. The kid was really good yesterday. Right now McDermott looks like a pass. I know I promised to never say anything negative about Jones ever again to protect me from those who have man crushes but I have to- Jones did a poor job on the defensive end yesterday which really surprised me.

3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    I would't say bad....it wasn't vintage Rose, but he also had to log 38 minutes in a grueling game. I thought he got gassed at stages of it. Dunham getting in foul trouble kind of hurt our rotations some. I think McIntosh is a good player though. Very skilled. We did force him into some tough shots outside of those two bunnies he scored off Jacko. He did get Jones a few times, but Rose won some battles too.

I am not really concerned much about our defense. The offense is what concerns me right now. I think Chris and the players are going to need to do some serious film work before we go down to Tenn. Tenn can beat us if we play offense like we did vs NW.

4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,436
    NW uses a lot of motion in their offense. There were several times where no one was getting open, McIntosh reset their offense at the top of the key and helped find a scoring option late in the shot clock. Thought that was impressive for a freshman. Agree with others, he was very good yesterday.

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,919
    You need to go back and watch the game if you taped it. Jones also got burned on two out of bounds plays one of which he recovered on and blocked the shot. We lose if we play like last night against Tenn and IU.

6. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Yesterday, I didn't mind benching Dunham so much because Butler was in control throughout, but I sure hope he isn't an auto bench in conference play. He commits so few fouls that their is very little risk of fouling out regardless, certainly not enough to take away his offense for 8 minutes because he happened to get 2 fouls in the first half.

7. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    As to McIntosh, I think you guys are giving him too much credit. He did alright against Butler, but on the year he hasn't shot the ball well and has just a 91 ORating on the year against fairly weak competition. He has a really good assist rate, and pretty poor everything else. He could be an OK backup for Butler, but that's it - nothing to worry about.

8. oldstyle1908

oldstyle1908 Active Member

Money:
    $2,976
    If the whole New Castle pissing match was the reason we didn't get this kid, that sucks. He is an unselfish floor general who continues to get better and better.

9. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,289
    Yeah that's amazing if true. Borderline insanity. This kid would be awesome at Butler.

10. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,456
    He would kinda help right now...

11. HoopsFan

HoopsFan New Member

Money:
    $15
    LOL!!!

1,683 points
    700 assists
    Led Northwestern to their first NCAA tournament

At the time he graduated, one of only three players in Big 10 history 1,600 points and have 700 assists.

2xDawg and HoosierDawg like this.
  12. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,177
    Okay Mr. McIntosh, your son had a nice career.

NCJon, butlerguy03 and IrishDawghouse like this.