Bryce Aiken - 2016 PG (Harvard)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,355
    [align=center]Bryce Aiken
    2016 Point Guard - 6'0" 160 lbs
    St. Patrick School - Elizabeth, New Jersey
    AAU: PSA Cardinals

[​IMG]

ESPN Profile
    Scout Profile
    Rivals Profile
    247 Sports

Offers: Butler, Creighton, DePaul, Seton Hall, Auburn, Illinois, Miami, Wake Forest, Standford[/align]

2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,887
  3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,887
  4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,887
  5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,887
  6. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,553
    Butler offered 2016 PG Bryce Aiken.

7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,199
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,517
    The rifle approach is officially dead.

9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,425
    Holtmann is dropping schollies with no regard for giving an F. Fresh and encouraging approach. Dig this offer.

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
  11. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    It sure makes following Butler recruiting much more interesting......

12. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,848
    Seton Hall makes sense since Elizabeth, NJ and Newark are about 2 minutes apart. Both crapholes. But if Butler gets this kid, I may have to take my life into my hands to go see him.

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,199
    More often than not kids want to get away from home which is why we seldom get Indiana kids.

14. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $303
    After doing some quick reads on this guy, I would definitely love to see him in a Butler uniform. He seems like a true PG and I love that he has an offer from Yale.

In my opinion he moves into second best option as far as point guards go for this class behind only Goodin. I would put him ahead of Walker because he seems to have more size and basketball IQ. With that being said, I think we definitely have room for Goodin and Aiken to both be on the team (I know I'm starting to dream here). Goodin can definitely play some 2, he is a freak athlete and has a deadly shot. Aiken seems like a great true PG. I think playing backup to Lewis for a year would definitely help his development too.

I love the approach we are taking. It's about time we weren't intimidated to go after 4/5 star recruits. We have the facilities now, have been arguably one of the winningest teams in college basketball in the past decade, and our coach is locked up for years to come. I love being a Butler fan right now.

15. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $303
    Just watched a highlight video and wanted to add that he has some of the best handles I have seen. Phenomenal court vision too.

16. curious

curious Member

Money:
    $8
    i see Tyler Ulis in Bryce Aiken

He would jump to at least a tie on my list, because the great student/bad attitude combo is rare. Plus I would like to see more academic all-americans.

Goodin is probably top because he's too good, but I honestly like the way Simpson plays about as much as any of them. Moot, since he isn't coming.

Walker is at the bottom because he made some negative comments about Purdue after he already stuck it to them by leaving. I know he's a kid, but that really lacks perspective.

I do not like that they didn't offer Trev. For one, I think he is an ok utility guard who could probably have a happy career never starting, and could play some 2. I'm sure he has always been told he is too this or too that. I like guys with a chip on their shoulder about proving people wrong. But if you look at some rankings he is held in the same general regard as the other guys we offered. Now WE are sending the message we don't believe. Very alienating unless an offer comes quick. I know the danger he commits right away, but I really doubt Simpson, Goodin, or Walker are coming. Stanford will be tough to beat for Aiken.

Someone here said Anderson was a step slow. Hogwash. That is a pigmentation based assessment. Not super fast, but not slow like Alex. I wondered if there is some D there that made the guy on twitter make the comparison.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,199
    Anderson may still get an offer. I'm with you on Simpson not coming. I too question Walker's motivations and really don't see him coming. Goodin is still a possibility as well as Aiken. Anderson only has mid major offers but there is something I like about him.

18. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,862
    As I recall, Walker didnt make negative comments about Purdue after leaving, just something to the effect of wanting to go to a program that gets out and runs. (Which is obviously questionable if he still is looking at BU.) I think it was Ronnie Johnson who tweeted something about Walker's decommit that was construed as negative. I could have that wrong, though.

19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,199
    I see Walker picking a high profile program that runs.

20. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,132
    Or the best Big Ten team to offer him.