Bryce Aiken - 2016 PG (Harvard)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by Jared Grubbs, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,199
    That too.

2. curious

curious Member

Money:
    $8
    Walker comments

I didn't mean ripping them bitterly, but rather continued comments of the style of play and handling of the guards etc. They weren't mean spirited, but Matt Painter doesn't need people going around saying how slow their play is. No coach does. I think if you hunt a couple of star articles you will find comments that would deserve the "negative" label. maybe not. I'll take a look if you don't want to.

Anyway, I love how Aiken steps back for the J or set shot rather than always driving. Simpson goes to the rim, but for some guys his size that won't work at the college level. Others get it done (Mike Green...bigger than Simpson I know)

I just think Aiken has to be the man we should most want. Academics, unselfishness (both Walker and Simpson seem a bit more scoring oriented) and he will not be pressed. I haven't seen Walker, but Trev, Simpson, and certainly Goodin all look pressable. I would wait 4 to 5 days on Aiken and then offer Anderson. If he commits I would still take Aiken, but let CJ go since he has already had two chances. You certainly take Goodin or Gordon. There are some 3 guard combos I would take here, figuring something would open up and you could still recruit Brunk. But I think the staff is showing faith in their young bigs and I respect that.

One thing about Trevor. i don't think he's slow but his shot is painfully so. I would rather have a Jordan Hulls sidearm release than that. He will have to relearn shooting. maybe Rotnei could coach him out of season

3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Adam Finkelstein @AdamFinkelstein · Mar 23
    Stanford, Illinois & Miami are the top 3 right now for @BryceAiken, he told me yesterday. PG with skill & IQ (endangered species).

-------

From Mar 23. Many new offers since then, but 3 schools that led in late March.

4. jimmychitwood

jimmychitwood Member

Money:
    $5
    Interesting choices. All good programs, but all very different. Hopefully he's since warmed up to us...

5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,199
    Miami, Stanford and Illinois have not had Butler's success.

6. jimmychitwood

jimmychitwood Member

Money:
    $5
    I don't think anyone has argued the contrary.

7. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,848
    Dawkins is an awful coach. Sadly Groce is only average (they are the same team they were under Webber... Perennial bubble team that's one and done). Larranaga is a great coach.

8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
  9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    D1 Circuit @D1Circuit · 58m 58 minutes ago
    PSA Cardinals G Bryce Aiken (@BryceAiken): 23 PTS, 4 REB, 3 AST in a win over Playground

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Joel Francisco ‏@JoelFranESPN 2h2 hours ago Houston, TX
    2016 Bryce Aiken was an early standout this morning....ran the team/made plays at both ends/smooth shot..#EYBL

Luc Smith ‏@LucWSmith 2h2 hours ago
    Like what I am seeing out of Bryce Aiken. Great floor general that has a sweet stroke and is just a competitor. Main reason PSA is winning

11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
    Taking an unofficial visit to Harvard this weekend, according to Jeff Borzello.

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350

David Schneider ‏@ShowtimeNation 12h12 hours ago
    2016 Patrick (NJ) PG Bryce Aiken (@BryceAiken) visits Harvard on May 16th.

13. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
  14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Ryan Easterling ‏@RyanEasterling 59m59 minutes ago
    PSA Hoops PG Bryce Aiken really trying to push the tempo in transition. Good to see him show that side of his game.

15. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Scott Burgess @scottybscout · 22h 22 hours ago
    PSA 2016 PG Bryce Aiken has dished ball over floor to start second half. Good distributor w feel for how to make right pass.

Scott Burgess @scottybscout · 23h 23 hours ago
    PSA leads Team Texas at half 40-28. Bryce Aiken 8 pts 2 ast. Plus pull up shooter from from mid-range. Extended it to three. Solid passer

16. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Wolverine Sports Now @WolverineSN · 4h 4 hours ago
    Video and More: Junior point guard Bryce Aiken http://dlvr.it/9yl35q

-------

Interesting. He doesn't have an offer from Michigan but the guys at Wolverine Sports Now doing some work on him. They must know the interest is there from Beilein.

17. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,887
    Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 20m 20 minutes ago Fairview, NY
    2016 St. Pat's PG @BryceAiken tells @SNYtv Stanford, Harvard & Miami are recruiting him the hardest.

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Nate Blue ‏@Nateblueis4real 3h3 hours ago
    2016's T.J. Leaf, Bryce Aiken, Mustapha Heron, and Omari Spellman looking real good in the first session of games. #PangosAACamp

19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,350
    Full-Time Hoops ‏@FullTimeHoops1 23h23 hours ago
    Bryce Aiken, who's a Stanford lean, is really showing well. Changes speeds effectively, excellent shooter and vision.

----------

Recruiting analyst from San Diego. Thinks Stanford is in the lead.....

Jason Scheer ‏@JasonScheer 19h19 hours ago
    Elizabeth (NJ) St. Patrick PG Bryce Aiken is under recruited right now. Mot overly athletic, but makes the right play more often than not

20. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,584
    FWIW I have quite a bit of Butler stuff on my twitter page, his brother requested to be my friend on there yesterday...