Bryce Golden - 2018 Forward (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $898
    I know when he graduated from high school he had a brace on one of his arms, so that would be my theory that he's recovering from that, but even Jimmy Lafakis didn't really know, so I wouldn't dive too deep into speculation.

2. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839
    Feel like a redshirt might be coming... still no Golden in any photos/videos.

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $898
    Depends on how injured he still is and how that impacts him going forward. I'd be alright with it either way assuming Brunk is ready to roll this season, and given that Golden would really be the only "4" with size this year, it's tough to imagine basically having to devise a different offensive scheme just for when he's on the floor, whereas next year you'll have both him and Nze who can possibly play that position, and JMM figuratively backing up Brunk at the 5. Still a long ways from the season starting, so who knows.

4. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,207
    At this point it does seem he is a bit behind the "8 ball".

5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,888
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,915
    Bryce must be injured otherwise he would be participating in open gym.

7. BUcheer

Money:
    $6,888
    So Bryce was in the video tweeted out today by the MBB account. But clearly not mixing it up and staying out of the fray. Common knowledge is he’s redshirting.

8. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,157
    Presumably due to injury?

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,913
    Redshirting makes sense even without injury. With injury, it’s a no brainer. We’ve got 2 true 5s who will take up all 40 of the center minutes this year, and with all the wings we’ve got who will play the 3 and 4, he just was never going to see the floor as a freshman.

Hope he is indeed redshirting. It could be really nice having him eligible in year 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $672
    While it might be nice to have Golden redshirt this year, I really wonder what happens if either Fowler or Brunk gets hurt and/or get into foul trouble during a game. Who is going to back-up Fowler or Brunk at the 5 position if one of those two get hurt or gets in foul trouble. You could say we could play without a true 5 on offense, but who is going to guard the opposing 5 on defense?

11. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,657
    I believe college football changed their rules that a player/freshman? Can still redshirt if they haven't played in 4 games (not sure, but maybe removing the fact they no longer have to get injured to receive a redshirt?) Does anyone know if a similar change was made for bball?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

jkcdawgs likes this.
  12. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,320
    If one of them is hurt and he's needed as a backup, then you burn the redshirt. If one is in foul trouble, you play small.

13. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,320
    It's just football for now. The NCAA is looking at how to implement a similar rule for other sports, including how many games would be a logical cutoff.

With basketball they'll probably have to figure out a way to prevent midseason enrollees from playing in a bunch of conference or tournament games and then trying to redshirt that year.

14. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $167
    Love how everyone is still thinking he is a lock to he redshirted.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Insane Dawg and MSUDawg like this.
  15. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,756
    I totally agree. Odds of being redshirted at 53%. It's not a done deal.

16. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,827
    Danville, it must truly be up in the air, because you are usually more certain in your predictions and assign higher probabilities.

ButlerNut and DawgsMD like this.
  17. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,915
    Maybe posted above or elsewhere- Bryce is recovering from left shoulder surgery and isn't practicing yet.

BHayden likes this.
  18. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,207
    52.8 to be precise.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  19. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,756
    Sorry to say, I think it's a bit higher than that right now.

P.S. Does anyone know if he is still wearing a brace on the arm?

20. BUcheer

Money:
    $6,888
    No brace that I saw.