Bryce Golden - 2018 Forward (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by Jared Grubbs, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,915
    Bet Mulloy is underrated.

2. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,223
    troggy, NCJon, DawgPoundMac and 8 others like this.
  3. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $167
    Can't wait until coach MJ has his hands on Mulloy....

NCJon, bumba and SRG like this.
  4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $898
    Wow. That is impressive - especially considering he was still rehabbing during a lot of this time.

SRG likes this.
  5. SRG

SRG Active Member

Money:
    $36,923
    Based on a few other posts on this site... he will probably be slower after getting rid of all that fat and adding lean muscle.
    Yes... this is sarcasm.

NCJon, DawgsMD, Hinkle and 6 others like this.
  6. bu97

bu97 Super Moderator

Money:
    $818
  7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,988
    So what do I want to root for so he can somehow be able to RS this season?

8. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,320
    That ship has sailed.

estar20dawg likes this.
  9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,913
    A rule change.

Obviously that's mostly a joke, but seriously, what is the harm in just putting a minutes cap on the redshirt option? If you've played fewer than, say, 60 minutes at the end of a season - less than two minutes per game - you should be able to redshirt. It would do nothing but benefit the players involved.

Golden has played 24 minutes this season, and his eligibility for an entire season is burned because of it? It's absurd.

shoeevv likes this.
  10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,915
    Same with Jordan Tucker and Christian David.

11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,210
    Agreed. I bet it happens soon, given what happened in football. I mean you get 4 games now... you can play 33% of the season and still get a redshirt. Basketball has to do something similar. Maybe 100 minutes or something.

12. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,505
    My understanding (I think David Woods mentioned this in an article) is that LaVall sought input from Golden as to whether he wanted to redshirt and Golden said he did not. From the standpoint of the team, it might have been better for him to redshirt this year, but think about it from Golden's point of view. By redshirting, he'd be committing to taking 5 years to get through college. If he were planning to have a professional basketball career, that extra year of development might make sense, and a fifth-year Golden probably would be more valuable to Dawgs than a freshman Golden. But if he's not planning to have a pro basketball career, I don't find it unreasonable or unexpected that he would want to get on with the next stage of his life--job, grad school, whatever--and not commit to an extra year of college. Most of us probably enjoyed our college years, but by our senior year, I imagine that most of us were ready to get on with our lives and whatever was next.

13. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,729
    If he had redshirted he probably could have been a grad transfer.

14. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $925
    Maybe at Butler but not Dayton! Right UD Dawg?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

UDDawg likes this.
  15. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,745
    That's hilarious, I was thinking about making a snide remark about how I'd love to be back in college! :)

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,913
    I understand that he made the decision, but that' doesn't change anything regarding how absurd the rule is. I'm certain he'd rather play 24 minutes and have the option to play a fifth year than play 24 minutes and not have that option. And in five years, one can definitely have an undergrad and graduate degree if their focus is really on school. Basketball provides a means to pay for all of it. That's a sweet deal.

17. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,865
    I don't really have much of a problem with the rule. In my mind, if you step on the court to help your team in a game during a season it makes sense to count it as a season of eligibility used.

18. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $490
    Happy Birthday Bryce!

#60 and ButlerNut like this.