Bryce Golden Transferring

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, Mar 25, 2022.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,117
    Uhhhh

2. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,621
    You beat me to it.

Looks like change is coming and the team has been notified. Or it isn't coming and they've been notified. Not sure Bryce's relationship with Vall.

I guess we will find out today, maybe?

3. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,576
    Hope it's the former. We could use some positive news.

Golden leaving sucks. One of my all-time favorite Dawgs.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  4. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,621
    While he wasn't all-BE material. He was solid and really would have anchored our bigs next season. Now, I'm quite literally thinking Mulloy and the Frosh going to start down low. WOW.

Maybe Wilmoth stays...maybe DJ, but yikes, our #1 priority is now a big man.

Tentozen likes this.
  5. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,397
    Always should have been. Golden's wheelhouse isn't being THE guy inside. But yeah, now more important than ever unless 1-4 get REALLY good at shooting all of a sudden.

6. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,936
    I hope he lands at a successful program and finds a role there, optimally one where he can go back to the NCAA tournament. Wishing him the best.

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,662
    I too think this is a sign change is coming. Or Bryce didn't want to be in the bottom half of the Big East again. Either way, good luck to Golden.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  8. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,305
    I would think it means change is coming. He said earlier he was coming back for one more year. Now transferring? Change is in the air!!!!

9. ap234

ap234 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,011
    If that’s the case the announcement needs to be made.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  10. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,820
  11. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,503
    I'm pretty sure he didn't speak on Sr. day, so I read this as a change he wasn't anticipating making 3 weeks ago. I always got the impression he and Vall were pretty close which, as has been mentioned on here, appears to be a strength of Vall's.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,800
    I'm pretty sure his brother's 10 years of eligibility are all used up at this point. No idea where he ends up, but a solid P6 team as the sixth man would not surprise me.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    bumba likes this.
  13. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $575
    I'm guessing Golden was watching March Madness and was like, "Hey, I'd like to be a part of that for my final year." He was unlikely going to get it at Butler.

bumba likes this.
  14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,384
    I think he’s gonna go just about anywhere he wants-just depends on what role he’s interested in.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BoyGeoff and SCbulldogsfan4life like this.
  15. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,334
    I think his best role at this point is as a stretch 5 who could feast on open looks from 3 and mismatches down low in the p&r game. I think he'd be a great weapon as a rotation player getting 15 mins or so a game on a top 25 power conference team next year if that's the route he wants to go.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  16. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,320
    Really sorry to see him go, but wish the best for him.

17. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,086
    Is there any info on who’s reached out to him? I know we usually know who butler is reaching out to through Twitter from Lukas so I was just wondering.

18. mikef

mikef New Member

Money:
    $30
    I think he would be able to go about anywhere that needs a big. Wouldnt be suprised if IU or OSU didnt reach out. I think it would be a better fit for him playing in the A-10 though.

19. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,574
    I think he will go to a big ten team or acc team forsure. Better than brunk by far. Random off the top of my head he goes to Syracuse

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

butlerbreadman and cornette33 like this.
  20. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,800
    I hope it isn't Syracuse. I want to root for whatever team he ends up on, but I have my limits. In the ACC those are Syracuse and Duke.

znelson15 and PSUButlerFan like this.