Bryce Golden Transferring

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, Mar 25, 2022.

1. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,134
    bwesson15, bumba, seadawg and 3 others like this.
  2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,800
    It'll be fun to root for Loyola this year. Wish him the best of luck.

3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,117
    Loyola is joining the Atlantic 10 for the coming season so I'll look forward to seeing him play UD.

bwesson15, BoyGeoff, NCJon and 3 others like this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Bryce is a good young man. He was close to LJ. Hope he does well at Loyola and in life.

WestLoopDog, WAJC77, BoyGeoff and 4 others like this.
  5. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,022
    Good school. Good basketball program. Hope he and his new team have a solid year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,384
    This feels like an awesome fit for him. They’ll likely be similar in terms of quality to us too. I hope he kills it there and I think he can.

2xDawg, bwesson15 and znelson15 like this.
  7. Jimmy Lafakis

Jimmy Lafakis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,196
    Best of luck to Bryce! Great person and I’m proud to call him a friend. I hope he finds success there.

8. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,574
    Great choice and good fit

Overall surprised by it though and I am curious what other schools reached out

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.
  9. DawgDude

DawgDude Active Member

Money:
    $342
    Loyola needed a big as does Butler but Loyola has gone to the NCAA recently and Butler hasn't,

10. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,239
    Interesting, good school, excellent basketball program going to a new conference.

11. schoops

schoops Well-Known Member

Money:
    $622
    Happy for Bryce. I hope he has a great year.

12. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $782
    Good to have Bryce in Chicago. Loyola seems like a good fit for him. I hope it works out. Looks like I'll be taking my boys to a Loyola game (all wearing Butler gear of course) to root on Bryce at some point this next season.

13. boalsdawg

boalsdawg Member

Loyola University Chicago seems like an odd institution for Bryce Golden to choose when he could have gone "just about anywhere". This was poster "dawgs2014"'s wording, not mine. FYI for your information.

I, for one, am happy he is no longer a Butler Basketball player, but do wish him well on his next adventure. Thad can make much better use of the open scholarship vs. having the inferior Golden brother around another season.

He might have been a good teammate, or a nice guy behind the scenes, but on the basketball court, he was selfish, temperamental, lazy, and a variety of other synonyms. He came in with a lot of promise but was never able to put it all together.

14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,551
    Just wow...new bulletin don't feed the trolls because they keep coming back...I've never seen a player get absolutely mugged more than Golden without getting any calls

15. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    At least Bryce hasn’t yet been called a scumbag or that he sabotage the program. But there’s still time.

DawgPoundMac, NCJon, mwall787 and 3 others like this.
  16. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,384
    Nah Bryce gave us 4 years, graduated and was a really nice player for us. If he wants to play a fifth year, we should all be wishing him the most success possible-which I think we all are.

17. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,334
    Yeah, I've been pleased to see so many of us wishing him well. While many of us had issues with different aspects of Bryce's basketball aptitudes, abilities, and tendencies, the vast majority of us can at least appreciate what he brought to the table while he was here. I'm glad to see so many of us expressing our appreciation and well wishes toward him. Looking forward to catching a few Loyola games next season on the tube and seeing what he can do under a different coach and system.

18. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,022
    I agree. Never met Bryce but seems like a good teammate and overall good guy. He always represented Butler well and like others have said I appreciate all he did during his time here.

19. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,556
    I think he will put up great numbers in a conference that typically doesn’t have bigs on every team like the BE does.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. The Hound

The Hound Active Member

Money:
    $344
    Some, including me, hoped Bryce would develop into a Chrabascz style of player, which was an unfair expectation. Very different players and personalities. But he was a very solid player for us, especially playing next to Enze. Hopefully he can have success and fun with Loyola’s program. Best to him and his future.

dawgs2014 and mwall787 like this.