Bryce Nze - Forward - Milwaukee Transfer (Verbal)

Discussion in '2018 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, May 29, 2018.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,560
    I understand people being hesitant about this move because it essentially puts an end to our 2019 recruiting. However, I don't think Butler was in the lead for any of our remaining 2019 targets.

- Gillis is ignoring the obvious New Castle (and really East Central Indiana, as a whole) pipeline and appears to be leaning towards Purdue.
    - Franklin appears to be leaning towards that school in Cincy.
    - Terry appears to be leaning towards Stanford.

seadawg and SpartanDawgs like this.
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,085
    I like Battle over Terry and Franklin. Gillis seems like he is a Purdue guy. We are deep and going to be something else in 2019-2020.

Mad_Dawg 48 and NateDog like this.
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,126
    Just curious what do you like in Battle over Terry? To me, Terry is a game changing PG who is the quintessential team first/win guy. He'll score if he needs to, but he will facilitate and get everyone where they need to be. He reminds me of TJ McConnell.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,085
    Don't know who TJ McConnell is/was. Is Battle not a quintessential team first/win guy? Battle is BE size and is more athletic and better shooting form and elevation.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
  5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,126
    TJ McConnell was Arizona PG and now plays for the 76ers...What makes you say Battle is a team first guy? The whispers in the wind had him transferring to multiple different HS teams and AAU teams and the word on the HS transfer was cause the 4 star other guard was getting all the attention. Now I don't believe that but that's the whispers out there. As for athletic and shooting, Battle is a 2 Guard or wing vs a PG and Terry has some pretty sick handles. Again, not saying I don't love Battle, I think he is going to be a stud. I just wanted a combo of Battle and Terry and if I had to pick one I'd take Terry

6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,789
    The staff's decisions has to based on feedback and info they have received on these other recruits. Having seen Franklin on multiple occasions I have little doubt he would have been a great fit at BU. I seen Gillis once, but that was enough to know he could play as well. Obviously the staff had similar views on any the players who had offers. I won't second guess on those I have not seen play in person. Battle is a talent for sure and I'm thrilled he will be playing at BU. I would have been equally excited if one of the others had pulled the trigger for BU. So we might as well get behind who BU is and will be. Terry has the ability to complement any team.

7. HinkleMagic

HinkleMagic Member

Money:
    $80
    Yeah, I'm guessing Butler didn't feel that hopeful on Gillis, Franklin, etc., because if they were a strong contender, I can't see them using their last scholarship for 2019 when you have the realistic chance to get one of those guys.

8. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,989
    How do you pronounce Nze? (NEH-ZEE? Just Zee?)

I like that talent talent here and like that, for may be the first time ever, a Butler staff can focus entirely on a recruiting class that is 2 years away from campus. I expect big things to come from that hyper focus.

9. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,086
    According to the UWM media guide, it's EN-zee.

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,085
    I didn't say Battle is a team first guy. I asked you why he wasn't. Who is doing the whispers? Not sure how you know so much about Terry. What videos have you watched on Terry or do you live in Minnesota?

11. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $31
    I am a big fan of instinctive / skilled rebounders. Especially offensive rebounders. For that reason and his apparent physical strength....I really like the Nze choice. It is a lost art. A full season to learn Butler system and work on free throws. I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Insane Dawg and seadawg like this.
  12. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,568
    Make Tyler Wideman his FT shooting coach. The man definitely figured out how to do it. If he had another year of eligibility he might break Darnell Archey's record. :)

MBA2003 and seadawg like this.
  13. MBA2003

MBA2003 Active Member

Money:
    $661
    I agree 100%. Lets welcome this guy with open arms; he cleans up on the glass and physicality matters in the BE. And the best part is LJ knows this guy really well so i'm sure he has the intangibles that matter so much for great Butler teams. I am totally pumped for the future of Butler MBB. LJ and his staff have turned what seemed like disaster a year ago into total opportunity....WOW!....BRAVO!

Go Dawgs!

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,085
    It's amazing what this staff has accomplished in one year. Holtmann leaving seems so very long ago.

SRG, MIBulldog and seadawg like this.
  15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,789
    I feel in many ways BU will have a more difficult time replacing TW than Martin. Nze appears on the surface to be a grinder of top quality. He should an provide an ingredient BU will need in 2o19.

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,349

NCJon likes this.
  17. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Member

Money:
    $64
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    cornette33 likes this.
  18. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $483
    Whenever I catch a glimpse of practice, either at media or otherwise, he is always working on his free throws. Obviously, games are different from practice, but his stroke looks better than it did at Milwaukee and the results (as in plenty of makes lol) seem to be there as well.

BHayden and cornette33 like this.
  19. bicknob

bicknob New Member

Money:
    $46
    Bryce was a much better shooter in high school. He broke his foot his senior year and I think that hurt his shooting stroke

estar20dawg likes this.